Page 97 of 126 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1251

Thread: Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

  1. #961
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
    Well yeah, the issue with Chrome has been fixed, but another one (ones?) appeared. This happened on my laptop, and on workstation. After some time X crashes, and I get lightdm login screen appears. Unfortunately I don't have time to report the issue, because I cannot find where the logs are : ). It looks to me that log files structure has changed on Ubuntu. I have just checked again and this is all I have found:

    Jan 29 19:28:31 denis-desktop kernel: [ 3.355118] [drm] Wrong MCH_SSKPD value: 0x16040307
    Jan 29 19:28:31 denis-desktop kernel: [ 3.355120] [drm] This can cause pipe underruns and display issues.
    Jan 29 19:28:31 denis-desktop kernel: [ 3.355121] [drm] Please upgrade your BIOS to fix this.
    Jan 29 19:28:31 denis-desktop kernel: [ 3.700331] i915 0000:00:02.0: fb0: inteldrmfb frame buffer device
    Jan 29 19:28:31 denis-desktop kernel: [ 3.700333] i915 0000:00:02.0: registered panic notifier
    Jan 29 19:28:31 denis-desktop kernel: [ 3.700348] i915: No ACPI video bus found
    Jan 29 19:28:31 denis-desktop kernel: [ 3.700375] [drm] Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730 for 0000:00:02.0 on minor 0
    Jan 29 19:28:40 denis-desktop /usr/sbin/gpm[1999]: *** info [daemon/startup.c(131)]:
    Jan 29 19:28:40 denis-desktop /usr/sbin/gpm[1999]: Started gpm successfully. Entered daemon mode.

    Since I have some work to do, I have purged oibaf repo, and will try in couple of days again.
    I am blind. I see now exactly the same crash message as you had.

    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843435] [drm] stuck on render ring
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843442] [drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843443] [drm] GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack, including userspace.
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843444] [drm] Please file a _new_ bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org against DRI -> DRM/Intel
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843444] [drm] drm/i915 developers can then reassign to the right component if it's not a kernel issue.
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843445] [drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.

    But the error file /sys/class/drm/card0/error has nothing in it... Only "no error state collected".

  2. #962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Nick View Post
    I was testing out the mesa AMD OpenCL drivers with pyrit benchmarks, and I was surprised by the performance gains vs the proprietary AMD drivers: 20-30%! Gallium OpenCL has gotten a lot better in the past few months.

    So, I was wondering if the maintainer of the repository wouldn't mind applying this patch I made (adapted from this debian sid patch) to turn on opencl support in mesa? This patch builds out the opencl libraries to seperate deb packages, and it is tested and working on the latest mesa oibaf source package (as of right now). It can be found here: http://pastebin.com/iaaRCtBm

    The only other thing required is the libclc libraries, which can be backported from the trusty working repo here. The llvm and clang packages in the oibaf repository already fulfill the requirements.

    Regardless, thank you so much for this repo, it has saved me a lot of time and anguish in trying to get the latest mesa drivers working.
    I was aware of the debian report but I never tried it, now I added it to the PPA (based on the debian bug patch, your, the only notable difference I see was using clang 3.4, didn't apply cleanly). Thanks for the interest anyway!

    The package to use is libopencl1-mesa. Let me/us know if/how it works!

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I was aware of the debian report but I never tried it, now I added it to the PPA (based on the debian bug patch, your, the only notable difference I see was using clang 3.4, didn't apply cleanly). Thanks for the interest anyway!

    The package to use is libopencl1-mesa. Let me/us know if/how it works!
    Woop! Yes, I just installed it and ran the libclc and pyrit selftests, everything seems to be working fine. Thank you!

    Yeah, I had to edit that patch by hand because it seems that I'm retarded when it comes to editing and pushing changes to debian source packages . Do you know any good resources so I can figure out what the hell I'm doing?

    BTW, if any of you want to run pyrit using mesa-opencl, you have to build cpyrit from source and edit setup.py to include /usr/include/CL, since it doesn't look in there when searching for the opencl headers. Build BOTH pyrit and cpyrit-opencl from source, if you install the pyrit package, it'll fuck up the library search path for cpyrit and it won't load.

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Last updates seems solve this and dri_prime/offload.

    The onl thing that bug me is I cant use YET the offload to load the ubuntu by default or browsers.
    Ubuntu load exporting globally the dri_prime but no background ( black ones) and sites inside the browser ( flash or not) freezes.

    Wish one day use my 6850m inside notebook to do something more than NOTHING ( I'm not a gamer).


    Quote Originally Posted by reCAPTCHA View Post
    I am blind. I see now exactly the same crash message as you had.

    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843435] [drm] stuck on render ring
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843442] [drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843443] [drm] GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack, including userspace.
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843444] [drm] Please file a _new_ bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org against DRI -> DRM/Intel
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843444] [drm] drm/i915 developers can then reassign to the right component if it's not a kernel issue.
    Jan 29 21:52:26 denis-desktop kernel: [ 8642.843445] [drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.

    But the error file /sys/class/drm/card0/error has nothing in it... Only "no error state collected".

  5. #965
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    I was aware of the debian report but I never tried it, now I added it to the PPA (based on the debian bug patch, your, the only notable difference I see was using clang 3.4, didn't apply cleanly). Thanks for the interest anyway!

    The package to use is libopencl1-mesa. Let me/us know if/how it works!
    wow, thank you very much!

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    good morning

    my notebook :
    core-i5 M 480
    AMD Radeon HD 6550M
    8 Gb Ram
    Xubuntu 13.10 X86_64 + Oibaf ppa

    I upgrade to kernel 3.13.1 and now I can not make the switch
    sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    Code:
    0:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
    1:DIS: :DynOff:0000:01:00.0
    2:DIS-Audio: :Off:0000:01:00.1
    before upgrade :
    Code:
    0:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
    1:DIS: :Pwr:0000:01:00.0
    2:DIS-Audio: :Pwr:0000:01:00.1

    echo ON > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    does not work


    echo DDIS > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    restart lightdm

    lightdm does not restart
    I read this message: client refuse switch

    is this a bug?

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Far03 View Post
    good morning

    my notebook :
    core-i5 M 480
    AMD Radeon HD 6550M
    8 Gb Ram
    Xubuntu 13.10 X86_64 + Oibaf ppa

    I upgrade to kernel 3.13.1 and now I can not make the switch
    sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    Code:
    0:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
    1:DIS: :DynOff:0000:01:00.0
    2:DIS-Audio: :Off:0000:01:00.1
    before upgrade :
    Code:
    0:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
    1:DIS: :Pwr:0000:01:00.0
    2:DIS-Audio: :Pwr:0000:01:00.1

    echo ON > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    does not work


    echo DDIS > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
    restart lightdm

    lightdm does not restart
    I read this message: client refuse switch

    is this a bug?
    Switching is done automatically on 3.13 and newer. The dGPU is automatically powered down when not in use. You can get the old manual behaviour back by booting with radeon.runpm=0 on the kernel command line in grub.

  8. #968

    Default

    Mesa is built on 14.04/trusty also, now.

  9. #969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Mesa is built on 14.04/trusty also, now.
    Now also with DRI3 support and megadrivers using symlinks rather than hardlinks.

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oibaf View Post
    Now also with DRI3 support and megadrivers using symlinks rather than hardlinks.
    Can you please revert this. DRI3 prevents Valve games from launching (see earlier in this thread). Broken since November so don't expect a fix soon.

    Luckily I haven't updated yet and I'll be staying on yesterdays version.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •