Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Ryan Gordon Ports HGE To Linux, Then Releases Code

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,192

    Default Ryan Gordon Ports HGE To Linux, Then Releases Code

    Phoronix: Ryan Gordon Ports HGE To Linux, Then Releases Code

    Ryan Gordon has just written on the Wolfire blog about porting the HGE engine to Linux and Mac OS X operating systems...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTc1OQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    really cool

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Eh, if hammerfight is an example, it's still got a long way to go.
    Hammerfight is impossible to play on my 2.1 GHZ dual core AMD w/ 4gigs of ram and an nvidia 8600gt... Ticks along at like 4 - 14 FPS.
    Seriously unplayable. And it's just a 2-D game.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sloggerKhan View Post
    Eh, if hammerfight is an example, it's still got a long way to go.
    Hammerfight is impossible to play on my 2.1 GHZ dual core AMD w/ 4gigs of ram and an nvidia 8600gt... Ticks along at like 4 - 14 FPS.
    Seriously unplayable. And it's just a 2-D game.
    buy a new computer. its a 2d game but rendered in 3D!

    i do have an quatcore 3,8ghz phenom II B50 x4 and a 4670 right now.

    really don't blame the game buy a new computer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    buy a new computer. its a 2d game but rendered in 3D!

    i do have an quatcore 3,8ghz phenom II B50 x4 and a 4670 right now.

    really don't blame the game buy a new computer.
    That's too much sarcasm for a nerdy place like here... :P

    Really... What's wrong with today's software? It eats hardware resources like crazy...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Your system exceeds the minimum system requirements. So you don't need a new PC:

    System requirements:
    CPU: 2.0 GHz (x86 compatible)
    RAM: 256 MB
    GPU: OpenGL-compatible with 64 MB VRAM

    Maybe you're using an open source driver (they're very slow). That would be the most probable cause for the performance issues.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sloggerKhan View Post
    Hammerfight is impossible to play on my 2.1 GHZ dual core AMD w/ 4gigs of ram and an nvidia 8600gt... Ticks along at like 4 - 14 FPS.
    Take a look here:
    https://bugzilla.icculus.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5105

    Maybe opening
    ~/.local/share/Hammerfight/Config.ini and changing the line:
    CORE_USE_SLEEP=true
    to
    CORE_USE_SLEEP=false
    will help you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hellas
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    That guy is a diamond

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Your system exceeds the minimum system requirements. So you don't need a new PC:

    System requirements:
    CPU: 2.0 GHz (x86 compatible)
    RAM: 256 MB
    GPU: OpenGL-compatible with 64 MB VRAM

    Maybe you're using an open source driver (they're very slow). That would be the most probable cause for the performance issues.
    if you wana run a game worst ever you use the "minimum system requirements"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timofonic View Post
    That's too much sarcasm for a nerdy place like here... :P

    Really... What's wrong with today's software? It eats hardware resources like crazy...
    LOL but be sure nothing is wrong with software Computers just to slow ALL the TIME!

    and the worst..... it will be to slow all the time in the FUTURE to!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •