Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA: Got Specifications?

Default 8)

Doh!! my fingers feel a little too clicky today, sorry for the double post.

The Omegaman
    -Best Charles Heston movie ever
    Last edited by TheOmegaMan; 09-10-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Default I have always bought nvidia

not because of the hardware, i view that as broadly comparable over generations, but because their linux support was way superior.

and when it comes to giving out recommendations for people asking about new video cards; it has always been nVidia too.

this may change as a result of AMD's move if nVidia does not swiftly followed suit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOmegaMan View Post
    The Omegaman
    -Best Charles Heston movie ever
    Off topic, but I don't know if it was one of his best- but it's definitely in the top-5 in my not so humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by R3MF View Post
    this may change as a result of AMD's move if nVidia does not swiftly followed suit.
    I still currently hold that NVidia 7 series and before is the better purchase for a Linux user looking for a graphics card. Right now, until at least tomorrow, it's the best supported option for everything out there.

Come tomorrow, it may be a differing story. I will be downloading 8.41 to see for myself. I've got a handful of GPUs from the range of suppored stuff and I've got a few torture tests I can run against them (Something other than just the popular games- they bench test against Quake3:Arena, Doom3, Quake4, etc...). I'm something of a tough customer and unless it survives the OpenGL SuperBible examples (And does it well- no failed runs of things, etc...), SPECViewPerf, and handles high frame rates for things like Ballistics, Bandits, X3, AND all the others, it falls short.

It would be nice if you posted some of your findings as well