• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 11.5

It's here. Get it from the usual place.

hxxp://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ati-driver-installer-11-5-x86.x86_64.run

Does this fix gnome 3 issues?

Comment

Don't know, but maybe you will see a very cool iso with it included soon...

Comment

Hmm, that was quick.

Comment

I am going to try and install it on my opensuse gnome 3 install. I shall report back if it works correctly or not (aka I am about to b0rk my install)

Comment

The release notes point to Catalyst_11.3_Linux_Installer.pdf.

This is getting ridiculous; keeps happening month after month. They can't even fix a darn link!

Comment

Activities bar is still corrupted in gnome 3 but everything else works fine. Shame the bar still isn't fixed because everything runs super smooth with these drivers, the oss drivers are much slower with gnome 3's effects.

Comment

Could someone post a sceenshot of how the curruption currently looks like?

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                  Activities bar is still corrupted in gnome 3 but everything else works fine. Shame the bar still isn't fixed because everything runs super smooth with these drivers, the oss drivers are much slower with gnome 3's effects.
                  If you mean lines that goes through all the icons in the activities bar.
                  The fix for that is to turn off "adjusted border compensation" in amd catalyst settings ("amdcccle"). I have the swedish version of catalyst, so I have just direct translate it from swedish to english. Mabe the setting is called for something else in the english version of catalyst.
                  Then do a "sudo service gdm restart"
                  or ctrl-alt-F2 and "sudo service gdm stop" and "sudo service gdm start".

Comment

Originally posted by allram View Post
                    If you mean lines that goes through all the icons in the activities bar.
                    The fix for that is to turn off "adjusted border compensation" in amd catalyst settings ("amdcccle").
                    Could you make a screenshot of that, so everyone might know, what it is? I can't find it.

Comment

Working...
                    X