Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: AMD 8.41.7 Display Driver Released -- The Holy Crap Edition!

Well, it's only 6 months wait. xD
    I've been using ATI since the Rage 128 Pro days, so if I have to wait another 6 months for a stable, good open source driver, it's a drop in the bucket ^^

as a side note, wanted to ad, that this driver also break openoffice on my _64 platform. as soon as i roll back driver openoffice functioning just fine.

What do you mean? ATI cards run an excellent virtual 1200x000 screen (VESA) as is. However, I would like for this driver to work; I can blame myself for picking Fedora 8 test 2 (libstdc++.so.6 and no .5 for such things as Opera and these ATI drivers, yet!) Anyone know how to fake it? Load libstdc++ 5 source from Fedora 7 and recompile the kernel and libc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunvil VonBerUrlindt View Post
    I can blame myself for picking Fedora 8 test 2 (libstdc++.so.6 and no .5 for such things as Opera and these ATI drivers, yet!) Anyone know how to fake it? Load libstdc++ 5 source from Fedora 7 and recompile the kernel and libc?
    I do not use Fedora, but look for a package named libstdc++-v3. No need to recompile anything after installing that one. But as you seem to run at 64-Bit you might want to have a look at this thread, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunvil VonBerUrlindt View Post
    What do you mean? ATI cards run an excellent virtual 1200x000 screen (VESA) as is. However, I would like for this driver to work; I can blame myself for picking Fedora 8 test 2 (libstdc++.so.6 and no .5 for such things as Opera and these ATI drivers, yet!) Anyone know how to fake it? Load libstdc++ 5 source from Fedora 7 and recompile the kernel and libc?
    You need to install compat-libstdc++, search for it with Pirut or yum.

since October is coming fast, any inside information about the new driver and aiglx?

Quote Originally Posted by zkyez View Post
    since October is coming fast, any inside information about the new driver and aiglx?
    I think that Michael will be very careful with announcements after the "fiasco" with the last version of the driver

Default ATI Driver with Fedora 7 : compatibility problems

Hi,

I'm new on this forum (and also quite new to Linux).

I have a problem with my display and I looking for help.

My problem = for a particular application, ANSYS-CFX software, the screen looks fuzzy. There are extra lines everywhere. I can't work.
    For everything else, it's Ok. But I want this application to work properly.

Is there some other driver that can effectively replace the ATI driver ?
    Any Linux default driver ?
    My /etc/X11/xorg.conf file has a line with

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "fglrx"
    Option "OpenGLOverlay" "off"
    Option "VideoOverlay" "on"
    EndSection

I saw other people running with radeon replacing fglrx and it works. How can I do that ?

Here are some of my systems info
    --------------------------------------
    Laptop : IBM ThinkPad T60
    Linux Fedora 7
    graphic card : ATI X1400

driver = fglrx 8.40.4

Installation with rpm
    > rpm -qa | grep -i xorg-x11-drv
    > xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.40.4-2.lvn7
    ----------------------------------------

Eric

Radeon can't replace fglrx for the R500/X1000 series. You have an X1400. The RadeonHD driver will be the open-source version, however, it's not ready for production usage yet.