AMD 8.41.7 PCI ID hack [For Unsupported FireGL Cards]
I just couldn't wait to test the new driver on my Thinkpad T60p, so I made a really ugly hack to make the driver run even on my card (FireGL V5200). To hack it:
- Extract the driver using "sh ati-driver-installer-8.41.7-x86.x86_64.run --extract"
- Go inside the fglrx-install.* folder
- Apply my patch using "patch -p1 < ~/ati-hack.patch" (http://xtruder.homelinux.net/~ambro/ati-hack.patch)
- Set HACK_PCIID to the PCI ID of YOUR card in common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c
- Install the driver using "./ati-installer.sh 8.41.7 --install"
- After you have set up your xorg.conf, make the driver treat your card as a SIMILAR card with a different PCI ID - add to your Device section: ChipID 0x71c5 (or whatever the ID of the most similar card is)