Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD's Hiring Open-Source Graphics Developers Still

Default AMD's Hiring Open-Source Graphics Developers Still

Phoronix: AMD's Hiring Open-Source Graphics Developers Still

For anyone wanting to join John Bridgman's team to work on the open-source Radeon graphics drivers for Linux, there's still openings...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTQzNQ

Default hire Marek and Tom!

They should hire Marek Olsak and Tom Stellard

Quote Originally Posted by fhuberts View Post
    They should hire Marek Olsak and Tom Stellard
    i think marek don't want to because of his studding on university ...

last time i checket they search windows devs for dev on linux... (no joke)

they write bullshit about high skills in windows tools and windows bugfixing and stuff like that.

the personal management simple don't have any plan what they do about linux.

i can do there job better about finding people for the work.

Sounds realy interesting to be able to work from anywhere in the world without having to relocaye and such. Sadly don't have the skills for it :}

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Sounds realy interesting to be able to work from anywhere in the world without having to relocaye and such. Sadly don't have the skills for it :}
    yes Saldy you don't have the windows skills

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    The working remotely bit was new to me. I had checked out these postings with great interest the last time that they were mentioned, but I didn't see any mention about being able to work from my current location. If it is the case that these positions can be taken outside of Canada (moving to WI, USA in a few months), I will definitely have to look into it more deeply.

Intel and AMD hiring lots of developers to work on open source projects... what the hell is going on? Is there something big coming that we don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    Intel and AMD hiring lots of developers to work on open source projects... what the hell is going on? Is there something big coming that we don't know about?
    The mythical year of the Linux Desktop?

I have a feeling that both AMD and Intel are doing it for the same reasons. Both companies have been integrating their GPUs into their mainstream CPUs (e.g. AMD's Fusion). This means that every CPU sale is also a GPU sale. AMD and Intel don't want users running *nix to have a bad out of the box experience. Even if you can install a binary driver from AMD, it's not installed by default in most distributions. Some users might not even know that the fglrx/Catalyst option exists for their system, or their administrators might not give them sufficient privileges to install it themselves.

Also, in the case of the open-source drivers, it's probably AMD's belief that a high-quality (and community developed/maintained) open source driver might reduce some of the demands on their closed-source developers which would free them up to work on the CAD/Professional apps that the driver is actually meant to be for.

Quote Originally Posted by Veerappan View Post
    The working remotely bit was new to me.
    they only set this bit because they do not found any in local area.

but i think this freedome bit is a big chance for amd to find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    yes. and i know why. google really wana fight and they force adobe/intel/google to follow or google will hurt them !