Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMD Already Adds On Two Open-Source Developers

Quote Originally Posted by tstellar View Post
    Just so there is no confusion. I am graduating in a month and the position at AMD is one that I am interested in.
    This would be a dream job for me too. But right now I'm still 2 years away from graduating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragas View Post
    This would be a dream job for me too. But right now I'm still 2 years away from graduating.
    Yeah, I thumbnailed it as a possibility, but I'm at absolute best only able to work part-time for the next two years. I can't even do a summer internship type of thing as I'm already contracted as a TD on a small game project (hey, desktop Linux users will get to play this one! send your thanks to Google, Inc.). Being able to work on something like the GLSL/OpenCL compilers is basically a dream job, right next to being able to work on Fallout 4 or Dead Space 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    ... so don't worry... you get a job.
    Definitely. That's the best part of being excellent in your field. For all the economy doom and gloom, good programmers are damn hard to find, and the ones out there get gobbled up by a good company sooner rather than later.

Hey, Bridgman, out of curiosity, are you guys interested in having any part-timers working out of Redmond, WA? I know another kick-ass DigiPen student with serious graphics experience and Linux know-how who may be looking for an internship during his Senior year starting this fall. He's mentioned to me before that his dream job is working on Linux graphics. I'm gonna shoot that job application page his way, but I imagine that position is solely looking for a full-time dev. I can also possibly shoot some other amazing graphics folks your guys' way.

Quote Originally Posted by tstellar View Post
    Just so there is no confusion. I am graduating in a month and the position at AMD is one that I am interested in.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Elyotna View Post
    Since they are hired by AMD, does that mean they can access the intel to create a better open-source driver, or are they on their own because that kind of intel is reserved to closed-source driver devs ?
    A poor choice of wording, I think

Heh, this is excellent PR for AMD. Q is right as usual.

I doubt anyone here would mind working for AMD, well maybe Deanjo

I sure wouldn't mind working for AMD! I should keep my eye on this since I graduate in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    Heh, this is excellent PR for AMD. Q is right as usual.
    hey thx but i think you post this on the wrong theat because i write stuff about the PR in the other similar threat ..

i relly don't unterstand the people who think marketing is evil.. somethimes not...

I want AMD to hire Gordboy!

OMG
    (stupid character limit)