Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finally, Intel G45 VA-API Support Is Available

Quote Originally Posted by bongmaster2 View Post
    y the h264 branch is just slowning down the whole machine. the video plays in a slideshow
    unfortunately, that's the status - Intel are lying to us (G4x owners) for several years that they will provide Linux driver with H.264 acceleration then they submitted some initial code for that on May 16, 2011 and afterwards no any further updates or as of now H.264 acceleration with Intel G4x in Linux is not existing in practice.

however, it's interesting that according to Intel there are no such problems and it should work:

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/h264.html
    Last edited by const; 09-03-2011 at 06:10 PM.

<quote>however, it's interesting that according to Intel there are no such problems and it should work:

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/h264.html</quote>

I did'nt even know that they had updated that page.
    That's disturbing, I'm taking it to the mailing list...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but vaapi seems to be working here with mplayer (-vo vaapi)... silky smooth play

you need

-va vaapi

too.

I think it's actually usable now. http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/000632.html

I was only testing fairly low bitrate 720p h264 in VLC, it lowered cpu usage from (very approximately) 45% to 25%, and there were no apparent problems.

Seems to work for me as well. Using a 1080p bluray rip (10GB) CPU usage on mplayer went from around 30% to 3%. But it doesn't work with multithreading yet. Setting threads to anything other than 1 and the CPU goes back up to 30%. To get high bit-rate files, like the one above, to work, I didn't setting SwapbuffersWait to off in my xorg.conf, since I don't have one. Instead, I just gave mplayer an unusually high cache (27MB), and that seemed to fix frame drop issues.

So.. nothing new in this front? I still can't use more than 1 thread in mplayer.

It seems vaapi for g45 is dead.