Thread: No release date for 8.42 ? Why ?

Default No release date for 8.42 ? Why ?

First of all, I'm sorry for my poor english !
    Excuse me Mickael, but I really don't understand this mystery about a date for the release of the new 8.42 ATI drivers ?
    Is that so complicated to communicate some date or, at least, the problems during the coding ?

I mean it will be a good commercial point from AMD to show to the community that we are important for them !
    Last edited by nochka85; 10-22-2007 at 04:13 PM.

If they really think we are as important to them as we think we are, things would have been different a year ago... sigh

Regards to the release date, they might be facing the last second severe bug...

It's done when it's done. The most we can say is that it'll be out before the end of the month.

...pending no disasters.

It's done when it's done. The most we can say is that it'll be out before the end of the month.
    that should be true according to ati release schedule which phonorix discussed some time ago. i think that it will be released at most in the afternoon of 31 oct, but releasing it that day would mean that it would have some issues and that was (probably) released because of the schedule. i really hope that wouldn't be the case.