Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visualizing Linux Performance Data In New Ways

Default Visualizing Linux Performance Data In New Ways

Phoronix: Visualizing Linux Performance Data In New Ways

One of the items I've been working on recently for Phoronix Test Suite 3.4-Lillesand is new ways to visualize performance result data generated by the many test profiles and suites available via OpenBenchmarking.org. Here's one of the new ways that was committed over the weekend to the Lillesand Git code-base...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTY1Mw

Srsly?

I mean, please again improve the color choosing algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXY View Post

Srsly?

Patches always welcome too...

Srsly?

only 2 of them really problematic. the first and the second really optical the same.

only the third are a little different.

Yes, the colors are idiotic...

if you want better color schemes use color brewer (http://colorbrewer2.org/). Also, some of the charts may look nice (the "half moonish" thing), but it makes comparing the first and the last bar very hard.

Srsly?

That happens if you try to use 'corporate colors' for scientific(ish) graphs.

There's no algorithm needed, just hardcode black, red, blue, yellow, green, brown, magenta and a few others (say the first 10 of gnuplot).

Quote Originally Posted by not.sure View Post
    There's no algorithm needed, just hardcode black, red, blue, yellow, green, brown, magenta and a few others (say the first 10 of gnuplot).
    It's meant to be extensible... Not hard-coding any colors at all. The base colors and sizes and all other formatting is configurable by the user in an XML file.

What is with the multiple highlighting of "best scores" on the same benchmark? There should be only one "best score" per benchmark test that is highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by deanjo View Post

What is with the multiple highlighting of "best scores" on the same benchmark? There should be only one "best score" per benchmark test that is highlighted.
    It's highlighting the worst and best, but due to an exhausted color pallete for that particular file, it ended up using the same color for the worst and best.

For that particular function on that table I would just hardcode the the colour selection to eliminate that happening since you should only have 1 best and 1 worst results per test. And maybe bold those two scores at the same time.