Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Ironic: AMD Pushes Open-Source Llano APU Support

Llano will beat the crap out of its competitors, at least on Windows.

Performance in 3D applications sets a new landmark: http://en.ocworkbench.com/tech/compu...andy-bridge/2/
    Thanks to hybrid crossfire, Llano will still be ahead when you compare the systems after installing a low-end or midrange graphics card.

With open-source Linux drivers, the situation is different though. The Summer of Code project for shader based video decode acceleration is something that HTPCs can benefit from.

FYI the 3D stuff was committed an hour ago both for classic and gallium.

However, the gallium patch is smaller.

Edit: well, taking a quick look reveals that these are just the PCI IDs so I can't tell for sure that this enables 3D but I guess yes.
    Last edited by HokTar; 05-31-2011 at 07:31 PM.

The next open sourcing will be in 28 days, 6 hours, 24 minutes and 12 seconds.

Qaridarium, do you believe in... time travel?
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 06-01-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    they write an shader based video acceleration that's cool because the UVD1/2/3 can not handle WebM.
    Actually I prefer the idea of a shader based approach for those very reasons (+ the portability, since a shader based approach will work for nouveau too), I just needed something to rant about

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    The next open sourcing will be in 28 days, 6 hours, 24 minutes and 12 seconds.

No, the next open sourcing will be later today or tomorrow. But not from AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post

No i Believe in compelling Causality of the Nature around us.

Sure there are Variables but the most people do not know that they do not have a free will.

If an compelling Causality force people to do stuff then they can not "NOT" do that stuff.

Sure there is a different way they can do suicide to not be forced by compelling Causality.

You guys haven't seen Donnie Darko?

There are mindhacks for free will, though. Your subconcious self must decide to implement an abstraction, though. Anyone testing you will then be mindfucked, though; they expect you to fall into common behavior, but then debate on and on and one about what you are... (having experience)

One way to do it is buffer your entire behavior. When put into correct practise, you can then manipulate social situations, provided you are analysing everything in your surrounding.

PS: subconcious decision making has a ten second process time, so train yourself for fast response during analysing.
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 06-01-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Anxiously waiting for linux llano benches, or even more, stability tests.

So was there supposed to be some big open source news piece that's not about AMD today? Or did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Pahanilmanlintu View Post
    So was there supposed to be some big open source news piece that's not about AMD today? Or did i miss something?
    Yes you're definitely missing something. Phoronix's track record of announcing things that will never materialize :P