Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgman's negative proof of AMD opensource ATI Avivo Video Decoder

Default Bridgman's negative proof of AMD opensource ATI Avivo Video Decoder

A Little How-to to Bridgman's Psychology

1) he is not a Liar
    2) he can not an he do not tell us future AMD stuff because of NDA
    3) he tells you if something is totally absurd and wrong and FUD

OK now we go to Practice a little analytic work :

I postulate stuff like "amd is open-sourcing the firmware" and my Psychology is other way around i don't care about i'm right or i'm Wong i just watch the peoples reaction and then i know the trueness.

watch the reaction of about the firmware stuff bridgman: "How is that ironic ? We have never discussed opening the microcode images and have no plans to do so. The microcode is part of the hardware design. Some hardware products have microcode images built into the chips, others require microcode images to be loaded at power-up, and some (including a number of CPUs) use a combination of built-in initial code plus driver-loaded patches. None of it is open. "

means no AMD will not Opensource the firmware.

But watch the reaction of Bridgman of the claim with the HD2900 shader based ATI Avivo Viedeo decoder: Bridgman : ......... ............ ........... .........

Uhhh Wait.... What?,,,, Bridgman can't tell us nothing!...

because he hurt his NDA if he talk about that stuff.

Means i do a Negative proof by brute-forcing the wrong opportunities against Bridgman's Psychobiology !!

Hey Thats cool

Sorry Bridgman.

Come on, you've got to be kidding me.

The Bermuda Triangle is home to the Kraken, which is very real.

1. All that bull Q said, but in English instead of Trollese.
    2. I stated "The Bermuda Triangle is home to the Kraken, which is very real."
    3. Bridgman has not contradicted me.
    4. Therefore I am right.

I've just solved the Bermuda Triangle mystery! Yay me!

Fascinating.
    It would be interesting if people reacted 100% predictably, then you would certainly be able to engineer the answer out of someone. In this case however, I suspect that our good friend Mr. Bridgman actually got bored of the conversation before getting to that part and didn't respond because he didn't read the theories.

FYI: Patent crap on the AVIVO code prevents them from releasing it. I don't think that they will ever release that code. Much more likely that they would release UVD specs, since at least you can use the UVD without having to open source its internal function.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquous View Post
    The Bermuda Triangle is home to the Kraken, which is very real.

1. All that bull Q said, but in English instead of Trollese.
    2. I stated "The Bermuda Triangle is home to the Kraken, which is very real."
    3. Bridgman has not contradicted me.
    4. Therefore I am right.

I've just solved the Bermuda Triangle mystery! Yay me!
    Doesn't work that way... Bridgman is NOT an expert on the Kraken and isn't bound by NDA regarding it.

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Fascinating.
    It would be interesting if people reacted 100% predictably, then you would certainly be able to engineer the answer out of someone. In this case however, I suspect that our good friend Mr. Bridgman actually got bored of the conversation before getting to that part and didn't respond because he didn't read the theories.
    right but: You can provoke him and there are some methods to force him to an answer.

FYI: Patent crap on the AVIVO code prevents them from releasing it. I don't think that they will ever release that code. Much more likely that they would release UVD specs, since at least you can use the UVD without having to open source its internal function.
    its simple to proof that as wrong because the UVD unit can not handle WebM.

and its simple to proof that wrong again because the HD2900 do not have a UVD unit and the HD2900 will be supported by this solution.

in that way amd try to bring a solution all R300-R500 cards and r600 and all up cards are supported.

1 solution beat them all!

If they do that they do have video codex acceleration support for all hardware generations over the last 10 years on linux.

Doesn't work that way... Bridgman is NOT an expert on the Kraken and isn't bound by NDA regarding it.
    yayyyy you got the trick!

Bridgman do not have free will and there are criteria of rules he act

there are stuff he can do and some he can't.

the only defense strategic move is to not communicate but he is an PR man he can not not communicate.

means he will always leaking informations we only need to clever interpret his moves.

... so the only way to win the game is not to play.

Got it.

Are you trolling, Q?

As Bridgman is an AMD employee he's bound by rules what he can and cannot say publicly about new and current AMD products and what he has been saying lately has been pretty much within those bounds. Can't blame the guy for trying though.

Just my .02

What I would like to avoid is a return to the early days of our open source project, where non-AMD folks were making claims about what we were going to do which had no relation to our actual plans. That ends up hurting everyone.

Q, if you are going to claim that "Bridgman said <xx>" then please limit those claims to *exactly* what I said. If you add in some of your own assumptions and come up with what YOU believe to be "new facts" then please make it clear in your posts that you are talking about "your interpretation of what I said" rather than "what I said", OK ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 06-02-2011 at 09:50 AM.