Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgman's negative proof of AMD opensource ATI Avivo Video Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    right but: You can provoke him and there are some methods to force him to an answer.
    You can *attempt* to provoke him into an answer, but he is a human with, arguably, a certain degree of free will.... so he could choose to respond in an unpredictable manner. For example, he may WANT you to believe that AVIVO code is about to be released, so might send you a message that YOU INTERPRET to mean that.

its simple to proof that as wrong because the UVD unit can not handle WebM.

and its simple to proof that wrong again because the HD2900 do not have a UVD unit and the HD2900 will be supported by this solution.

in that way amd try to bring a solution all R300-R500 cards and r600 and all up cards are supported.

1 solution beat them all!

If they do that they do have video codex acceleration support for all hardware generations over the last 10 years on linux.
    Christian Konig **is** working on that... without AVIVO code. So the solution you are interested in may/will come WITHOUT any release of AVIVO code.

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    You can *attempt* to provoke him into an answer, but he is a human with, arguably, a certain degree of free will.... so he could choose to respond in an unpredictable manner. For example, he may WANT you to believe that AVIVO code is about to be released, so might send you a message that YOU INTERPRET to mean that.
    I don't play those games. We try to provide as much useful information as possible to developers and users, without pushing the limit so much that you can draw conclusions from what we *don't* say.

Q, if you are going to claim that "Bridgman said <xx>" then please limit those claims to *exactly* what I said. If you add in some of your own assumptions and come up with conclusions which YOU believe to be "new facts" then please make it clear in your posts that you are talking about "your interpretation of what I said" rather than "what I said", OK ?

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    What I would like to avoid is a return to the early days of our open source project, where non-AMD folks were making claims about what we were going to do which had no relation to our actual plans. That ends up hurting everyone.
    This is what happens when your technical partner on the project has to learn about your plans through phoronix. And that was a situation that you actively helped create and maintain.

I don't play those games. We try to provide as much useful information as possible to developers and users, without pushing the limit so much that you can draw conclusions from what we *don't* say.
    You misunderstand me... I didn't mean to say that you DID, but that you *could*. Just a counter to Q's psychology -- you can't analyse a human mind in the same way you can a digital circuit.

Come on guys, this is a childish game

What I would like to avoid is a return to the early days of our open source project, where non-AMD folks were making claims about what we were going to do which had no relation to our actual plans. That ends up hurting everyone.

Q, if you are going to claim that "Bridgman said <xx>" then please limit those claims to *exactly* what I said. If you add in some of your own assumptions and come up with what YOU believe to be "new facts" then please make it clear in your posts that you are talking about "your interpretation of what I said" rather than "what I said", OK ?
    You do Arrogant stubborn assertion of opinion and your vanity is your greatest weakness thats the point why i can negative brute-force you to get informations.

yes its not the finest way to poke people but it works! you are a dogmatist.

You do Arrogant stubborn assertion of opinion and your vanity is your greatest weakness thats the point why i can negative brute-force you to get informations.

yes its not the finest way to poke people but it works! you are a dogmatist.
    Ok, enough Q... you're not being nice.

Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Christian Konig **is** working on that... without AVIVO code. So the solution you are interested in may/will come WITHOUT any release of AVIVO code.
    thats not the question... about he work on that stuff or not.

The question is do he uses code of AVIVO to do his work?

and the Answer is YES Christian Konig use cloused source source code to do his work.

means amd openup the source code of avivo or parts of it.

Ha, ok, Q has invented good method of active journalism I hope your bruteforce does not make him go offline due to overload, lol

thats not the question... about he work on that stuff or not.

The question is do he uses code of AVIVO to do his work?

and the Answer is YES Christian Konig use cloused source source code to do his work.

means amd openup the source code of avivo or parts of it.
    Where do you get this nonsense from?
    Christian is the guy who REVERSE ENGINEERED the HDMI AUDIO support for R600/700. I don't see anything that suggests that he is writing this from pre-existing closed code.