Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sapphire Radeon HD 6770

Default Thank you for the warning.

Quote Originally Posted by zilti View Post
    warning! Don't buy this card if you intend to use it on linux! Fglrx-support is very buggy and the opensource drivers don't work at all! I bought this card because of phoronix' test which actually seems telling this card is great for linux, but it isn't at all! Don't buy it!
    Thank you for this warning. I was specifically considering this card for use on my Fedora 15 system.

I would have thought that being just a revision of the 5770 that support would have been better. Time will help with the driver support but, I'll hold off on purchasing this card for now. Looks like I'll have to stick with my 9600GT for a while longer, but at least Nvidia support is reasonably mature.

Quote Originally Posted by zilti View Post
    warning! Don't buy this card if you intend to use it on linux! Fglrx-support is very buggy and the opensource drivers don't work at all! I bought this card because of phoronix' test which actually seems telling this card is great for linux, but it isn't at all! Don't buy it!
    zilti, what problems did you have with the open source drivers, how recent were those drivers, and what are the PNP IDs for your card (from lspci) ?

The open source driver support for the underlying hardware has been in place for a while but I'm wondering if the device ID for your card needs to be added.