Thread: Blender 2.58 Released, Now Much More Stable

Hybrid View

Default Blender 2.58 Released, Now Much More Stable

Phoronix: Blender 2.58 Released, Now Much More Stable

Blender 2.58 has been released as the second stable release in the Blender 2.5 series...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTU5Mg

The latest 2.57 is already rock stable for me. Not a single crash yet. I have no idea how much more stable it can become :P
    BTW, I'm really enjoying the improvements in the 2.5x series. It's becoming one of the best 3D modelling/compositing/animation/rendering programs available.

Default Definatly

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    The latest 2.57 is already rock stable for me. Not a single crash yet. I have no idea how much more stable it can become :P
    BTW, I'm really enjoying the improvements in the 2.5x series. It's becoming one of the best 3D modelling/compositing/animation/rendering programs available.
    I completely agree, and with LuxRender for photo realistic model rendering [Open Source as well] it has a huge range of abilities.

From cartoon style animations to picture like house renders.

Default Me too

Quote Originally Posted by devius View Post
    My thoughts _exactly_. You saved me some typing.

"Much More Stable" just didn't seem right. Blender 2.5 has been stable a long time already. Only some features were broken.

Yep, this is probably my favourite piece of open source software (certainly the one I've spent most of my spare-time with) and one (of shamefully few) that I have donated to. And it's always a ton of intersting stuff being developed for it, obviously the new renderer Cycles comes to mind, but there's so much more (like my favourite 3d sculpting which is being overhauled this summer thanks to GSOC).

I've always thought Blender rendering would make a good benchmark for the Phoronix testsuite, since unlike many of the other tests it's very much a real-world rather than synthetic benchmark. Also the accuracy of the final result would be very easy to verify.