Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: Burning Through Power: Linux Regressions Found

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    he only tries to make money out of it.
    whats the problem with that part?? he do not hurt anyone with that part what is your problem with that??

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    whats the problem with that part?? he do not hurt anyone with that part what is your problem with that??
    My problem is that Michael blames others for the lack of revenue. Dude, if you can't get any money, it might just be your own fault, you know. If others aren't interested about your news, maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe you even overestimated the importance and general impact of your work. If you aren't as successful as you wanted to be, try to become more respectable, reputable and reliable instead of crying "buhuu, no one pays me".

    Sensationalist titles and keeping your readers in the dark in order to maximize add revenue will certainly not add to your respectability nor reputation. And in return, that means even less revenue. Phoronix has dug its own hole and then jumped right in. Worse, instead of climbing out of it, it digs even deeper.
    Last edited by RealNC; 06-26-2011 at 01:50 PM.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    My problem is that Michael blames others for the lack of revenue. Dude, if you can't get any money, it might just be your own fault, you know. If others aren't interested about your news, maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe you even overestimated the importance and general impact of your work. If you aren't as successful as you wanted to be, try to become more respectable, reputable and reliable instead of crying "buhuu, no one pays me".

    Sensationalist titles and keeping your readers in the dark in order to maximize add revenue will certainly not add to your respectability nor reputation. And in return, that means even less revenue. Phoronix has dug its own hole and then jumped right in. Worse, instead of climbing out of it, it digs even deeper.
    "lack of revenue" != maximizing revenue

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    My problem is that Michael blames others for the lack of revenue. Dude, if you can't get any money, it might just be your own fault, you know. If others aren't interested about your news, maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe you even overestimated the importance and general impact of your work. If you aren't as successful as you wanted to be, try to become more respectable, reputable and reliable instead of crying "buhuu, no one pays me".
    well, linux is about free choice, even with the news portals.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    351

    Default Wow what an asshat

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    My problem is that Michael blames others for the lack of revenue.
    What a bizarre distortion.

    Where do you have any standing to criticize? Do you have anything to offer in rebuttal?

    This is just whining and complaining for its own sake, nothing is accomplished besides alienation and hostility.

    I have NO difficulty with what is going on here. It is only fair to withhold specific information until it can be independently verified. The point here is not to cast blame or aspersions, but rather to solve problems. There are people and personalities and egos involved, tact and care are required to avoid conflict. However you seem to be just inflaming conflict for its own sake because you need something to get excited about. Chill out and let things take their proper course.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    You might want to investigate LWN.net, where you're not allowed to read articles for a week unless you paid for a subscription. The trick is to find out why people are willing to do that with LWN but not with Phoronix. Hint: sensationalism does not fly very well when your readers are mostly hackers and power users.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    351

    Default Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    You might want to investigate LWN.net.
    You might want to realize that that's a totally different web site with a totally different focus and a totally different way of doing things.

    You could have said "You might want to investigate nytimes.com" and that would have been about as relevant.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frantaylor View Post
    Where do you have any standing to criticize? Do you have anything to offer in rebuttal?
    My opinion as a reader.

    This is just whining and complaining for its own sake, nothing is accomplished besides alienation and hostility.

    I have NO difficulty with what is going on here. It is only fair to withhold specific information until it can be independently verified. The point here is not to cast blame or aspersions
    Blame was placed in the article itself ("no one helps me, no one pays me, so there, I won't publish until tomorrow.") IMO, this is one of the reasons why no one pays and no one helps. I'm just expressing it. I should, however, do that in a more friendly tone; you're right about that. I was flaming for no good reason.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    351

    Default Blame is in the eye of the beholder

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    Blame was placed in the article itself ("no one helps me, no one pays me, so there, I won't publish until tomorrow.")
    You can't tell the difference between a statement of fact and "blame". You're assuming the "victim position" and calling him out because you feel deprived of something. Otherwise why would you criticize?

    It isn't necessary or even proper to interpret his words in this manner. Again you are just inflaming things to boost your ego.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    My problem is that Michael blames others for the lack of revenue. Dude, if you can't get any money, it might just be your own fault, you know. If others aren't interested about your news, maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe you even overestimated the importance and general impact of your work. If you aren't as successful as you wanted to be, try to become more respectable, reputable and reliable instead of crying "buhuu, no one pays me".

    Sensationalist titles and keeping your readers in the dark in order to maximize add revenue will certainly not add to your respectability nor reputation. And in return, that means even less revenue. Phoronix has dug its own hole and then jumped right in. Worse, instead of climbing out of it, it digs even deeper.
    dude you just don't get my point michael does not any wrong

    and yes he is guilty for a money call ??

    really? every body is free to call for money!

    and the only wrong part is your part claiming of the point that its wrong to call for money.

    no its not wrong to call for money ! means you are wrong!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •