Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unigine OilRush Needs More Time To Drill

Default Unigine OilRush Needs More Time To Drill

Phoronix: Unigine OilRush Needs More Time To Drill

The official release date for Unigine's OilRush real-time strategy game has been June or July of this year in the midst of summer. Recently though we've been reporting that it's looking like the release date may slip for this visually-intense game with a native Linux client. After talking with Unigine Corp, it looks like a delay will be inevitable...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTYwMg

Held up by Valve?!?
    You surely jest.

Quote Originally Posted by snuwoods View Post
    Held up by Valve?!?
    You surely jest.
    (07:19:59 AM) Denis: we are wating for response from steam
    (07:20:05 AM) Denis: and some publishers
    (07:20:35 AM) Denis: but anyway it seems that in order to deliver a good game we need more time

I'm wondering if that is just in reference to a windows/mac release.

snuwoods:
    You shouldn't think that everything with Valve on this site is about a Linux release (-;

It would be nice if the Steam version of OilRush also included linux binaries, similar to how the Steel Storm devs are doing.

If more devs started including linux binaries along, it might help to give Valve the push it needs, and it's always nice anyway.

Great idea!
    I suggest you send them an email regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moller View Post
    snuwoods:
    You shouldn't think that everything with Valve on this site is about a Linux release (-;
    It is better to assume anything from phoronix with valve in the title has nothing todo with linux

Default Mercy

This is the last unigine spam I subject myself to from phoronix. As of today my RSS feed subscription is stopped.

Blatantly promoting a game for linux makes for bad journalism.

As for the victims of phoronix marketing who went ahead and pre-ordered the game. Enjoy your well spent money.

Quote Originally Posted by jubei View Post
    This is the last unigine spam I subject myself to from phoronix. As of today my RSS feed subscription is stopped.

Blatantly promoting a game for linux makes for bad journalism.

As for the victims of phoronix marketing who went ahead and pre-ordered the game. Enjoy your well spent money.
    Victims of Phoronix marketing? Yes, because Michael has figured out mind control with his website

I see no problem with giving status updates about OilRush on Phoronix. It's one of the most advanced new games coming to Linux. Perhaps if we had a supply of games coming to Linux like Windows has, this would be "bad journalism", but in the current circumstances, perfectly fine, IMO.