Quote Originally Posted by dannysemi View Post
Ok, so I've been giving this a shot from a different angle I think without a whole lot of success.

I installed XCP 1.6 to my home server:
xeon 3.3 ghz (with VT-d)
32gb ram
NVidia quadro 4000
2 tb hard disk and some other disks

I manage the server with XenCenter on a basic desktop. This part works beautifully. I can create vm's for days.

I've experimented with many combinations of os installs and drivers and have gotten mild gpu passthrough success. I installed Win 7 Pro SP1 to a vm and then installed the xs-tools that come with xcp. This gave me a pretty speedy and stable Win7 vm. I enabled gpu passthrough in xencenter and restart my vm and there it is in my device list. I install drivers and restart and everything seems configured properly, my display adapter says NVidia Quadro 4000 without any warnings. But I can't do anything with it. I don't see any improvements since enabling the gpu and I can't get any 3d applications to launch.

In case you are wondering: I decided to try this method because I'm pretty new to xen. I've been reading forums and the wiki for the last week or so trying to get a handle on it. I went this way because it seemed pretty simple, but obviously its not working the way I want it to. Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I tried to run 3dmark11 and this is the error I get -

Workload Single init returned error message: DXGI call IDXGIOutput::GetDisplayModeList failed:

The requested functionality is not supported by the device or the driver.

DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE
I'm not familiar with XCP, except that it's the cloud platform version. According to the Xen comparison matrix, XCP lags behind Xen and doesn't give you the latest features.

I use Xen 4.1.2 with Linux Mint and it works perfect with a Nvidia Quadro 2000.

Here is a How-to I wrote: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=112013

Hope it helps. If not, I'd be glad to help out if I can.