Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Launch Titles For The Gameolith Linux Store

Default wrong assumptions

> SpaceChem, Big Fat Alien BEEP, BOH, Grappling Hook, Hacker Evolution Duality, and Family Farm. Ever hear of any of these titles? Neither have I.

i DID hear of two. and i bought them already. so if you did not hear of them, does not mean that no one else did.

So the current status ought to be:

Gameolith: Opens in 15 hours.
    Desura: Coming the next weeks/months.
    Steam: Possibility of a Linux version some time after they're done with PS3, unless they want to do something else. Maybe.

Sounds like a clear advantage to Gameolith to me.

And regarding launch titles, what did you expect? The latest AAA titles magically ported from Windows?

Yeah, the negativity from Michael is surprising.

Maybe the store and its launch line-up are not spectacular, but at least there's something happening. Whether this boosts Linux gaming and/or market share remains to be seen (I'm guessing not), but at least there are people out there trying to make Linux succeed. This should not be dismissed.

If anyone is fedup of Mikes posts feel free to join up on the forum at http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php

Regular linux gaming news.

If OilRush comes to Gameolith I would be more inclined to buy OilRush.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeplus64 View Post
    Michael, reserve judgement on something until it's actually released. Doing anything other than this makes you look like a total ass. Asking for people to wait for Steam --something that isn't going to exist any time soon (please, prove me wrong)-- only makes it worse.

A Linux game store is better than none. Hopefully as time goes on they accumulate a larger library of games.
    Totally agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeplus64 View Post
    Michael, reserve judgement on something until it's actually released. Doing anything other than this makes you look like a total ass. Asking for people to wait for Steam --something that isn't going to exist any time soon (please, prove me wrong)-- only makes it worse.

A Linux game store is better than none. Hopefully as time goes on they accumulate a larger library of games.
    Agreed. Honestly Phoronix seems to be getting more and more like a tabloid - what's next, phone hacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazade View Post
    Agreed. Honestly Phoronix seems to be getting more and more like a tabloid - what's next, phone hacking?
    Actually, depending on your definition of hacking, yes.

Glad to see that everyone was thinking the same thing as me. BEEP looks nice and possibly fun (for a 12 year old at least.) I'm more into tower defense these days though... (No, not Oilrush... Help... I don't want to read anything more about it, ever!)

Quote Originally Posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: The Launch Titles For The Gameolith Linux Store

...Assuming that Gameolith doesn't magically pick-up the exclusive rights to some premiere titles or some very innovative features, you're best off just waiting for the Linux client releases of Desura and Steam...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTY2NQ
    Can not disagree more!
    Why would I ever install a shitty binary software on my system just to buy and manage game licenses when we have the whole world wide web and a good web browser that can do absolutely the same work in a safer, faster and simpler way.

Really, when I first heard of Desura I thought they where going to do a web store just like that. A pity they where too short sighted for that. The whole Steam way of doing it is there only to empower DRM. It's an evil model.

I'm just saying...