Thread: Quake Wars Linux Demo Coming Soon

Default Quake Wars Linux Demo Coming Soon

Phoronix: Quake Wars Linux Demo Coming Soon

Id Software's Linux guy, Timothee Besset, previously shared that the Linux client of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars would be out in a few weeks. In that community announcement he had not directly talked about a Linux client demo for ET: Quake Wars, however, that too is on the way.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjEyMA

Thanks for the article on this, as well as the screenshots. This has probably already been asked but I haven't seen the answer: Will all the different platforms be able to connect to the same servers and play against each other? That will be great news if so... for PC gamers that is . We will constantly be the top-ranking players on the servers when compared to the console gamers.

As far as I know, the console players will only be able to play against other console players, and of the same kind at that. Win/Lin/Mac users will be able to play against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetargos View Post
    As far as I know, the console players will only be able to play against other console players, and of the same kind at that. Win/Lin/Mac users will be able to play against each other.
    Yes, I believe that is how it is structured.

I can't wait for the first game that allows all gamers to play against any other platform. It would be very interesting to see how the players of each stack up in something like an FPS. But then again, I guess it would only be interesting for everyone until there is a clear advantage given to one of the groups (I think it would be PC gamers)... then after that the game would only be interesting for PC gamers.

Hm has anyone tried running the game in Wine?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven3x7 View Post
    Hm has anyone tried running the game in Wine?
    http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...rsion&iId=9135

It appears to run on wine and it runs okay, but punkbuster doesn't seem to work so you wouldn't be able to play online.