Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VP8 Gallium3D Support In Mesa Is Being Worked On

Phoronix: VP8 Gallium3D Support In Mesa Is Being Worked On

Besides pipe-video landing in Mesa, there's some more good news to report when it comes to accelerated video playback over Mesa/Gallium3D. There's a VP8 state tracker for this Google format that's actively being developed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The project actually is part of GSoC. marcheu and dberkholz pulled some strings and got it fixed.

You could, of course, have found this out if you'd ask people questions instead of passively observing. I mean, ostensibly, you're a journalist. Ask some questions.

Comment

Originally posted by mattst88 View Post
      The project actually is part of GSoC. marcheu and dberkholz pulled some strings and got it fixed.

You could, of course, have found this out if you'd ask people questions instead of passively observing. I mean, ostensibly, you're a journalist. Ask some questions.
      I wholeheartedly agree. He could of also read my comment on his original story which I made at http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...609#post203609

As a user it doesn't matter too much to me whether it's a GSoC project or not. I'm just looking forward to being able to use the result. However it probably matters a fair bit to Google.

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. I can really care less about who develops this, but I really am looking forward to utilizing it. Any word yet as to the progress of this? Anyone know when it will be released? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X