Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New GTK+ Release Integrates Gail, Redoes File Chooser

Default New GTK+ Release Integrates Gail, Redoes File Chooser

Phoronix: New GTK+ Release Integrates Gail, Redoes File Chooser

There's another noteworthy GTK+ development release in the road to GTK+ 3.2. This new GTK+ 3.1.10 release integrates the Gail module, re-designed file chooser features, theming enhancements, and bug fixes...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTcwMw

Nice! Any improvements to the truly-awful-gtk-file-picker are always welcome!

Does anyone have a screenshot?

Default gnome 3 will die

pulse audio as part of gnome 3? FAIL!
    Pulse audio sucks big time. Gnome sucks just because of that.

Don't get me wrong i have no problems with previous gnomes, in fact ti like them and use one now, but pulseaudio as part of dependency - it's horrible.

no matter how good it may seems, Gnome 3 is beta quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dimko View Post
    pulse audio as part of gnome 3? FAIL!
    Pulse audio sucks big time. Gnome sucks just because of that.

Don't get me wrong i have no problems with previous gnomes, in fact ti like them and use one now, but pulseaudio as part of dependency - it's horrible.

no matter how good it may seems, Gnome 3 is beta quality.
    Look. It's not like pulseaudio is set in stone. Yes it started out quite rocky, yes it might still be rocky for some people. But let's not get carried away -- if you add a dependency, you can always remove it (open source, remember!), and if pulseaudio is broken you can always fix it.

P.s.: My cellphone uses pulseaudio. I've had it for more than a year and never had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    Nice! Any improvements to the truly-awful-gtk-file-picker are always welcome!

Does anyone have a screenshot?
    Don't worry, nothing gets better in Gnome with time.
    The new file chooser must be dumber and more awkward that old one.

Peoples, switch to KDE!
    Really KDE has plenty of bugs, but unlike Gnome, it has mentally healthy management, and while former can be easily fixed, later is pretty much impossible to fix.

Sigh. Whenever "GNOME" or "KDE" is mentioned trolls attack the comment section. In fact I have been ignoring comments on these articles recently and unless the situation changes will probably continue to do so.

I really don't understand these wars. They are both free software and I want both of them to exist.

Just wanted to say that.

Human beings are genetically prone to picking sides and fervently attacking everything else. That's why we get "religious" about sports teams and, home towns/states/countries, universities, colors, editors, operating systems, gaming consoles, FPS brands, etc. etc. Old tribal/pack behavior that kept us alive thousands and thousands of years ago hasn't been "optimized out" of our DNA yet.

I love desktop environment wars. No, really. Most of the time they are more entertaining than everything else, especially when it comes down to something like GTK+ or PulseAudio

STFU trolls...

gnome file picker was better than dumb KDE picker.. maybe it was more "pretty" but behavior was sucky.
    lets see what new gnome picker brings, stop bitching haters...

PulseAudio is the best thing to happen to linux audio since JACK. It's awesome.