Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mozilla Prepares Its Own Web-Based Operating System

Quote Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
    As for Netflix, there's a big reason I don't want everything going to the web. I'd like to be able to watch my movies, type my documents etc in my country. The way things are going, most stuff will be inaccessible from outside America.
    I don't think there's a need to worry. The traditional desktop will be around for decades. It'll just become a niche market occupied by developers and enterprise.

The developers also aren't interested in the ability to run native code on the device.
    In other words, the users also aren't interested in the ability to run Boot to Gecko on the device.

Quote Originally Posted by leif81 View Post
    I don't think there's a need to worry. The traditional desktop will be around for decades. It'll just become a niche market occupied by developers and enterprise.
    That's exactly why we NEED to worry. If the traditional desktop goes back to being a specialized product for a niche market, the pricing and feature set will go back to being out of reach to the average person.

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    In other words, the users also aren't interested in the ability to run Boot to Gecko on the device.
    Developers (particularly in open source development) rarely follow what the wants are of the end users are, I really don't think you can play connect the dots between the two.

Firefox's operating system!!!!!! Sounds good. I am waiting for it. I hope it will create new era of development.