Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Desktop Summit 2011: Copyright Assignment, Wayland & Beer

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,373

    Default Desktop Summit 2011: Copyright Assignment, Wayland & Beer

    Phoronix: Desktop Summit 2011: Copyright Assignment, Wayland & Beer

    The Desktop Summit is beginning at the end of this week as the joint conference between the GNOME and KDE communities. This year's Desktop Summit is taking place in the wonderful city of Berlin and will go from the 6th to 12th of August. At Humboldt University there will be a number of interesting Linux desktop talks and other events...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTczOA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    I'll be headed through Berlin on Sunday, but what I'm up to depends on the weather. I know where the fire twirlers gather, unless it's raining or the EJC has drawn them all away to Munich.

  3. #3

    Default

    Fire twirlers? As in the old drunk guy(s) at the Kunsthaus Tacheles with his bath tub of gasoline, flaming batons, etc...? If you haven't heard, Tacheles is closed Unless this happens to be at a new Berlin spot I haven't heard of before?
    Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    I'll be headed through Berlin on Sunday, but what I'm up to depends on the weather. I know where the fire twirlers gather, unless it's raining or the EJC has drawn them all away to Munich.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Fire twirlers? As in the old drunk guy(s) at the Kunsthaus Tacheles with his bath tub of gasoline, flaming batons, etc...? If you haven't heard, Tacheles is closed Unless this happens to be at a new Berlin spot I haven't heard of before?
    Not heard of that place, though I dare say some of the twirlers have. There's a group that bounces around depending on the day: poi, staff, hoops, levitation stick, juggling clubs, devil sticks, and the odd soap bubble blower recently it seems. They meet at the RAW, Jonglier Katakomben (not been there myself), one of the unis, and they should be at the Flak Tower come Sunday, but again the turnout depends on the weather (which with my luck means rain, but we'll see).

  5. #5

    Default

    That doesn't seem terribly entertaining then... Kunsthaus Tacheles was just a wonderfully unique experience. Still in mourning over it going away.

    Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    Not heard of that place, though I dare say some of the twirlers have. There's a group that bounces around depending on the day: poi, staff, hoops, levitation stick, juggling clubs, devil sticks, and the odd soap bubble blower recently it seems. They meet at the RAW, Jonglier Katakomben (not been there myself), one of the unis, and they should be at the Flak Tower come Sunday, but again the turnout depends on the weather (which with my luck means rain, but we'll see).

  6. #6

    Default

    I'm beginning to think that Michael has a serious problem with alcohol, especially beer. There's no other explanation for him mentioning beer over and over and over again in almost any article. And it's starting to get really annoying, too.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    I'm beginning to think that Michael has a serious problem with alcohol, especially beer. There's no other explanation for him mentioning beer over and over and over again in almost any article. And it's starting to get really annoying, too.
    When you work ~80+ hour work weeks and are completely burned out, beer is quite good. Though I probably should cut down on so many beer references in my writings...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That doesn't seem terribly entertaining then... Kunsthaus Tacheles was just a wonderfully unique experience. Still in mourning over it going away.
    The real fun this weekend is the EJC in Munich - they're expecting some 8000 jugglers to be there. Still, for me fire twirling is much more entertaining than going to a pub, so I'll just see how the weather holds up.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mirv View Post
    The real fun this weekend is the EJC in Munich - they're expecting some 8000 jugglers to be there. Still, for me fire twirling is much more entertaining than going to a pub, so I'll just see how the weather holds up.
    Let me know what ends up going on in Berlin... Chances are on Sunday I will be at the island party or the International Beer Festival.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    When you work ~80+ hour work weeks and are completely burned out, beer is quite good. Though I probably should cut down on so many beer references in my writings...
    Why even bother listening to him? If beer is part of your life and your hacking, feel free to mention it everytime you think it sounds good... like a beer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •