Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The first German-Turkish "Döner" Food Restaurant in the US:

Default The first German-Turkish "Döner" Food Restaurant in the US:

I was actually at this restaurant back in July during the Dampfnudeln trip... Döner is the best fast food from Europe, especially after a night of drinking :P The döners at the Seattle place was good, the best I've had in America, but it's not the first one in America. There's one döner kebap shop in Chicago and I've seen two or three in other parts of the US.

Yeah, Döner are amazing :-) It's cheap, it's delicious, it's not unhealthy (compared to the junk from Burger King/McDonals/etc.).

Only three more weeks till I can drink Augustiner all day and then go back to my favorite Munich kebap shop afterwards

i can write a howto to make your own döner

for the meat get cow meat slim steaks and 50% minced meat

then put the minced meat into a bowl and put Salt , eggs, minced onions, oil, milk and yogurt and spices like paprika and pepper and chili into it!

now knead it!!!

then you put the slim steaks and the minced meat with spices alternately in rotatory on a spit! in a circle way to get the circle you can use plastic foil and now you put it into an freezer you need to freese it completely because you need the stability!

now you need to make the bread you need flour, yeast,bakery soda,salt and very important turkey caraway seed

put the flour and the salt and the yeast into a bowl put water into it for 500g flour you need 350g water and 0,5g salt and knead it!!! then wait 2 hour then put the bakery soda and knead it again!
    now make a flat bubble of a handfull dough but some turkey caraway seed on the top and now put the bubble into an professional wood heater 500C heater 5-8 minutes or an electric version 450C 10 minutes or an non professional noob oven 250C for 20 minutes.

now you have a flat peace of döner breat! now you need to fire up your döner meat the best taste you get with wood fire and you can cut of the döner meat with a knife but only the edge so you get many pices of crispy fried strips so you can put it into your breat

now you need salad on it and mice and tomatoes and onions and a yogurt source and chilly on it !

now you have a professional German-Turkey Döner!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i can write a howto to make your own döner

for the meat get cow meat slim steaks and 50% minced meat

then put the minced meat into a bowl and put Salt , eggs, minced onions, oil, milk and yogurt and spices like paprika and pepper and chili into it!

now knead it!!!

then you put the slim steaks and the minced meat with spices alternately in rotatory on a spit! in a circle way to get the circle you can use plastic foil and now you put it into an freezer you need to freese it completely because you need the stability!

now you need to make the bread you need flour, yeast,bakery soda,salt and very important turkey caraway seed

put the flour and the salt and the yeast into a bowl put water into it for 500g flour you need 350g water and 0,5g salt and knead it!!! then wait 2 hour then put the bakery soda and knead it again!
    now make a flat bubble of a handfull dough but some turkey caraway seed on the top and now put the bubble into an professional wood heater 500C heater 5-8 minutes or an electric version 450C 10 minutes or an non professional noob oven 250C for 20 minutes.

now you have a flat peace of döner breat! now you need to fire up your döner meat the best taste you get with wood fire and you can cut of the döner meat with a knife but only the edge so you get many pices of crispy fried strips so you can put it into your breat

now you need salad on it and mice and tomatoes and onions and a yogurt source and chilly on it !

now you have a professional German-Turkey Döner!
    Seems like a lot of time would be needed.... Time that could be well spent working on code or writing. (Or drinking beer.) There's not enough time in a day. Thanks for the recipe but I think I'll just wait till I am in Germany in September for my next Döner. Though next time I have a German Frau over here I will have her work on making the döner recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Seems like a lot of time would be needed.... Time that could be well spent working on code or writing. (Or drinking beer.) There's not enough time in a day. Thanks for the recipe but I think I'll just wait till I am in Germany in September for my next Döner. Though next time I have a German Frau over here I will have her work on making the döner recipe
    a lot of time? its fast food LOL... the different to fast food and my döner recipe is my version is the full version my version is the source code!

i write a full source code of "Döner" for you

most of the people only use cloused source by buying the meat finish and they buy the bread finish and they only heat it up and put it together.

you can also spend your time in working on my döner recipe source code! maybe you can write a better version ?

and i think german womans are incompatible to this kind of source code... because in germany only turkey people make döner for germany.. (really germany eat döner but only cocked from turkey chefs)

so you need a turkey/German woman ? an hybrid version meybe you can find one on kwick.de (quicky means fast fuck in germany and kwick sounds like quicky in german so all germans how needs a fast fuck join kwick.de)

There's really no kebab in 'murica? I feel sorry for you guys.

in a country that its population consists of immigrants from all over the world i doubt that you cant find food from any country or culture (+what they have developed all those years on their own)

Well, there's this :

Just to throw another variant in the mix, if one goes to Nova Scotia, one finds a thing called a "donair" (pronounced doe-NAIR). It looks sorta like a gyro, but it's spiced beef formed into the spit log, not lamb, and the sauce is not yogurt-based, but (I'm not making this up, folks) a mixture of garlic, condensed milk, vinegar, and powdered sugar. Even the locals suggest (only half-joking, as best as I could tell) that
    1) Donairs taste better after one has had a few beers first
    2) If you get any suace on your shirt, burn it, because you'll never get the smell out.
    http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/423957

Seems like Toronto has a couple of good places now, but only very recently.