Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Adobe Flash 11 Beta 2 Is More Stable, Faster On Linux

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Hardware video rendering may be disabled for flash 11beta2 for some unknown reason. Hopefully the next beta or release, which ever comes sooner, it will be enabled.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Fullscreen video is still tearing (with Radeon OSS drivers). How disappointing. Back again to the 10.2 "square" beta.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    42

    Default

    No problems here. I can play 1080p fullscreen videos from youtube. I have ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers running

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icek View Post
    No problems here. I can play 1080p fullscreen videos from youtube. I have ATI 3200HD with OSS drivers running
    So, what's your secret that avoids tearing?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hmm, I have no idea. Its ok right after instalation. But here are some things that I change after instalation:
    Compiz - disable vsync
    xorg.conf - ColorTiling On, PageFlipping On,
    /etc/adobe/mms.cfg -OverrideGPUValidation=true
    Ubuntu 10.10, Firefox 6
    Last edited by icek; 08-14-2011 at 06:36 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Same here. I guess you also have tearing, but you don't notice it.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Here is screenshot. It I don't see any tearing...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icek View Post
    Here is screenshot. It I don't see any tearing...
    How would you use a screenshot to show tearing? Tearing is produced by the monitor during moving/animations, and therefore can't be shown in a screenshot.

    I assume you don't actually know what tearing is...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    How would you use a screenshot to show tearing? Tearing is produced by the monitor during moving/animations, and therefore can't be shown in a screenshot.
    I've always had pretty good luck capturing tearing - you're looking for a frame buffer change happening during screen refresh so one part of the screen shows one image and the other part shows something different (typically objects are slightly offset as a result of moving/animations).

    Now, if you can't *see* the tearing (many people can't) I agree it's hard to know exactly when/where to capture it

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    I've always had pretty good luck capturing tearing - you're looking for a frame buffer change happening during screen refresh so one part of the screen shows one image and the other part shows something different (typically objects are slightly offset as a result of moving/animations).
    That's tearing due to the compositor's framebuffer. In fullscreen, the compositor is suspended, so that can't occur.

    Real tearing happens due to the monitor displaying something on it that no longer exists in the framebuffer at all. Therefore, it can't be captured with anything else than a camera pointed at the monitor.

    Edit:
    Fast moving videos should trigger it. Like this one:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOecLyttCLg
    Last edited by RealNC; 08-14-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •