Please advise on Sandy Bridge graphics
I'm going to build a system based on i3 2105 or similar CPU with Intel Graphics 3000 inside. What I don't know is the performance of Intel driver and DRM in Linux. In particular:
- Will my fullHD videos play smoothly wiht VAAPI output?
- Will my KDE's Kwin effects work smoothly, without lags and low framrate?
- Does Linux driver support power management for Intel's GPU in Sandy Bridge?
Thanks everyone in advance.
1. Yes, it should be fine. My intel graphics are one generation older than sandybridge (ironlake) and I can watch hd videos with vaapi with no issues. (using vlc)
Originally Posted by Atolstoy
2. Yeah, you should be fine with any compositer (compiz, kwin, mutter ect..)