Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth performance

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaker View Post
    New Xserver thingy was one of first ideas i've tried .. composite suspend as well. Im not using OGL composition at all, i use Xrender (and disable it on demand while gaming). Vertical sync and tearfree is disabled, still - framerate suck. If you guys say it works on HD5xxx, couldnt it be just R700 (and older?) issue?
    Can you guys try to change effects to see how big is impact on framerate (if any)? In my case framerate changes from low to high is like 10 FPS (if there is any change at all).
    Its interesting as lot of people reported same behavior on HoN forums but here it seems to be otherwise. Any more ideas what could be wrong?
    As I said. I have no issues running HoN on my HD4650. And thats on a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by curaga View Post
    I know this is the blob area, but what kind of fps do you get with the open driver? Is it actually better in HoN now?
    the radeon driver brings better results because of less mouse input lags!

maybe not more fps but less lag if you wana drop intems on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by allquixotic View Post
    How about: you have obsolete hardware?

Seriously, come on. If you're a real gamer, you should at least have a Core 2 system, if not a Nehalem. 2 gigs of RAM is obsolete these days. It's time to upgrade.

Unfortunately, GPU drivers need a lot of system memory bandwidth, and a game like HoN also eats a lot of CPU. Your graphics card should be sufficient to get good FPS, but your core system paths (FSB, RAM, CPU) are going to be ass slow on a dual-core Pentium 4. You're probably still using DDR2, aren't you?
    you just FAIL here because i do have a phenomII x4 b50 clocket at 3,8ghz with an hd4670 right now but my old hd5670 do have the same result.

How about: you have obsolete hardware?
    To be fair, Qaridarium gets similar results with a recent quad core. Recommended hardware for HoN lists a Radeon X1900 GPU.

No, I just have a merely average gaming machine: Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3 @ 1066 MHz, and a Radeon HD5970.
    Heh I wish MY rig was as "average" as yours :P

You guys really dont have idea how much i would like to have nVidia graphic card here as well to show you performance gap between those two. I just set details to lowest i could to get crazy 45 FPS (nothing more i can beat from 4670?! in fight its like 20~30 FPS). Game looks like 10 year old, but its a little bit more playable. Lets get objective again now.
    It feels like just some cards are affected by this performance issue. Maybe Michael could be usefull now as he could make a HoN benchmark into Phoronix Test Suite?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaker View Post
    You guys really dont have idea how much i would like to have nVidia graphic card here as well to show you performance gap between those two. I just set details to lowest i could to get crazy 45 FPS (nothing more i can beat from 4670?! in fight its like 20~30 FPS). Game looks like 10 year old, but its a little bit more playable. Lets get objective again now.
    It feels like just some cards are affected by this performance issue. Maybe Michael could be usefull now as he could make a HoN benchmark into Phoronix Test Suite?
    i think its just a bug in the indirect rendering vs direct rendering stuff.
    try to turn off compiz/kwin and turn of GPU acceleration in firefox and flash.
    i write a phoronix post here weeks ago about the same problem this issue brings extrem mouse input lag! because the fps drops in some situations very low. try to pull out a intem out of your back pull a intem on the floor the mouse will lag like hell!

then i turn of everything Kwin/Firefox-GPU-acceleration/Flash-GPU-acceleration and so one.

now it works playable.

I have Intel i3 processor, with hd5470 amd card. Running on Ubuntu 11.04 with catalyst 11.7. Dont sure what fps exactly is, but i can play without any lags, sometimes in big fights in have some performance issues but not critical. Settings are set to Mid->High. Also i prefer closing other programs(especially after firefox 6 update, causing some huge memory leaks for me, even when only firefox is running). But in overall - everything is working fine. BTW i have 2 video card in my laptop because of i3 processor.

their opengl renderer ist terrible.
    i used to play the windows version via wine because it would run faster with the direct3d renderer via wine than the native opengl renderer.
    Last edited by Pfanne; 09-01-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfanne View Post
    their opengl renderer ist terrible.
    i used to play the windows version via wine because it would run faster with the direct3d renderer via wine than the native opengl renderer.
    thats true! i test it even the windows clind in wine do have more graphic effects!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    thats true! i test it even the windows clind in wine do have more graphic effects!
    i benchmark this with an open firefox brower i do have 56fps vs 29fps (linux clind without firefox )

edit: without a firefox browser i do have 64fps vs 29fps in the linux clind!

windows clind in wine=64fps
    nativ linux clind =29fps

LOL!

even the windows clind do have better effects!
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 09-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.