Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 125

Thread: Heroes of Newerth performance

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    blahblahblah
    to much mad to be of any real relevance.
    your inability to comprehend didn't help either.

    RE-read what I wrote

    #1 It is the OGL renderer that has the issue. The windows client can also use OGL and it also has performance issues THUS the root-cause of the problem isn't the linux client BUT the common ogl renderer
    #2 doesn't change the fact that post you posted, results being "true" or not. did not belong in the techsupport subforum

    stop being a mad feeder and learn to use forums.
    repost it in the bugs section

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    to much mad to be of any real relevance.
    your inability to comprehend didn't help either.

    RE-read what I wrote

    #1 It is the OGL renderer that has the issue. The windows client can also use OGL and it also has performance issues THUS the root-cause of the problem isn't the linux client BUT the common ogl renderer
    #2 doesn't change the fact that post you posted, results being "true" or not. did not belong in the techsupport subforum

    stop being a mad feeder and learn to use forums.
    repost it in the bugs section
    ad #1 I don't know if you're talking about OpenGL as a whole or just the usage of the OpenGL in HoN. Because if it is the first one, then I must disagree. Best example is Q3. On every config I played the game, the linux version was always faster and smoother.

    As for the guy saying to play on windows client using wine when you have a native version... You are a windows troll. Every true linux user is just happy that has a native program and doesnt complain if it is a little buggy or slower than the other versions.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    what kind of wine version do you use? i use wine 1.3.27 and the catalyst 11.8
    im using same versions.
    but i dont complain anyway. native version of HoN works without any problems for me. so its quite useless to even start tweaking wine for HoN.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tares View Post
    ad #1 I don't know if you're talking about OpenGL as a whole or just the usage of the OpenGL in HoN. Because if it is the first one, then I must disagree. Best example is Q3. On every config I played the game, the linux version was always faster and smoother.

    As for the guy saying to play on windows client using wine when you have a native version... You are a windows troll. Every true linux user is just happy that has a native program and doesnt complain if it is a little buggy or slower than the other versions.
    Like I stated,

    That kind of thing is meant for in GD or suggestions (ie improve the ogl renderer)
    s2 know their utilisation of ogl is very poor (it spends too much time managing textures eating resources - effects win as well since common gfx engine).
    only recently has the ogl renderer been looked at with very high water quality, something windows-dx cant reliably do at the moment.

    WTF is it with people and reading comprehension.
    twice I have stated it is todo with their utilisation and now you come along with obvious educational shortcomings and derp all over this just to make a point, a point which is lost


    I am fully aware of what an OGL game written correctly can do and I am fully aware of what part of S2's HoN utilization is suffering

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    try out the windows clind in wine you will get 70fps---
    I havn't had wine installed on a system in over 5yrs
    I've got no need to run windows software anymore

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul_keeper View Post
    I havn't had wine installed on a system in over 5yrs
    I've got no need to run windows software anymore
    i only do this to search the source of the problem.

    and the result is: its not OPENGL ITS NOT OPENGL!
    because wine translate the directX into OPENGL!
    its the HON-OpenGL-engine.

    in my point of view the S2-games-devs fail to use FBO buffer opjects instead of pbuffer and the s2games-devs fail to use shader3 instead of shader2.

    and amd do not make optimations for pbuffer in the catalyst anymore because its obsolete.

    if you use WINE the directX code is translated into a modern OpenGL3.2 FBO buffer OpenGL code

    and because of this the game runs so fast on amd systems in wine.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpander View Post
    im using same versions.
    but i dont complain anyway. native version of HoN works without any problems for me. so its quite useless to even start tweaking wine for HoN.
    no you are wrong! "so its quite useless to even start tweaking wine for HoN."

    its not a tweak its the basic work to get wine working correctly.

    and your test result is invalid without this work.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    i only do this to search the source of the problem.

    and the result is: its not OPENGL ITS NOT OPENGL!
    because wine translate the directX into OPENGL!
    its the HON-OpenGL-engine.

    in my point of view the S2-games-devs fail to use FBO buffer opjects instead of pbuffer and the s2games-devs fail to use shader3 instead of shader2.

    and amd do not make optimations for pbuffer in the catalyst anymore because its obsolete.

    if you use WINE the directX code is translated into a modern OpenGL3.2 FBO buffer OpenGL code

    and because of this the game runs so fast on amd systems in wine.
    Ha, nice research Q!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Ha, nice research Q!
    thank you very much

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    WTF is it with people and reading comprehension.
    twice I have stated it is todo with their utilisation and now you come along with obvious educational shortcomings and derp all over this just to make a point, a point which is lost

    I am fully aware of what an OGL game written correctly can do and I am fully aware of what part of S2's HoN utilization is suffering
    I don't follow this thread regullary, so I didn't read your ealier posts. Don't jump on me. My reading and understanding is pretty good :P

    Too bad, that S2 don't polish their linux client. As I remember correctly they promised OpenGL and linux client optimisations for Savage2, but that never happened. So when they took K2 engine from Savage2 and modified it to HoN K2 engine it inherited all the flaws :/

    Anyway as I stated before, we have a working native HoN with acceptable performance. Why should we care for anything more?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •