Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth performance

checked HON on a hd3650 for a friend with the catalyst 12.4 and the native clind is "broken" and AMD will never fix it.

its funny how broken a Long-time-Supported "stable" can be if its a AMD driver...

last time i checked HON with my hd4770 and the catalyst driver it also just don't start and before that it has a performance regression with only 20fps or less on any graphic option.

for my friends pc i should really try to uninstall the catalyst driver to fix the problem lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    checked HON on a hd3650 for a friend with the catalyst 12.4 and the native clind is "broken" and AMD will never fix it.

its funny how broken a Long-time-Supported "stable" can be if its a AMD driver...

last time i checked HON with my hd4770 and the catalyst driver it also just don't start and before that it has a performance regression with only 20fps or less on any graphic option.

for my friends pc i should really try to uninstall the catalyst driver to fix the problem lol...
    i rechecked this and the game do start........ but the starting time was so long that i wrongly believed the game crashed. strange...

so sorry for my "Wrong" forum post.

fixed my performance problems with the radeon driver .

the radeon with the oibaf ppa works great right now.

only the new "radeon-LLVM compiler" causes crashes

but after the LLVM compiler was disabled in the ppa HON runs rockstable and fast.

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...Drivers/page33

this means with ubuntu 12.10 there is no need for the catalyst for desktop cards like my hd4770

now the radeon need to fix the power managment to improve the handling on notebooks.

Working fine with 12.6 beta, all eye candy on, can anyone else confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    Working fine with 12.6 beta, all eye candy on, can anyone else confirm?
    Are you saying your framerate deficit is fixed? Would you mind reporting your system profile, including distro?

AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, spankin' new HD7770, openSUSE 12.1 64bit.
    1440x900 windowed, all settings on high, all extras on, lowest I've seen was 55 fps (though I only messed around in Practice Mode).
    Scrolling is smoother than with 12.4 and no artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, spankin' new HD7770, openSUSE 12.1 64bit.
    1440x900 windowed, all settings on high, all extras on, lowest I've seen was 55 fps (though I only messed around in Practice Mode).
    Scrolling is smoother than with 12.4 and no artifact.
    Ok. So I'm trying to troubleshoot your situation and figure this out; let me ask some more questions --

1) Is the card you have now the same card you had fps problems on?

2) If the hd7770 card is new, what was the old card, if any?

3) If this is a new card, what was it that made you think that the driver fps problem was solved rather than it being the new hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by its-techs View Post
    Ok. So I'm trying to troubleshoot your situation and figure this out; let me ask some more questions --

1) Is the card you have now the same card you had fps problems on?

2) If the hd7770 card is new, what was the old card, if any?

3) If this is a new card, what was it that made you think that the driver fps problem was solved rather than it being the new hardware?
    The problem was worse with my previous card (HD4830), scrolling was choppy and gibs made the FPS tank. And even though the new card performs better, the old one was no slouch either.

Chronologically, here's what I've played HoN on:
    Athlon 64 x2 + HD4670, Catalyst 11.X = native HoN playable
    FX-6100 + HD4830, Catalyst 12.1 through 12.4 = native HoN choppy, HoN through WINE butter smooth
    FX-6100 + HD7770, Catalyst 12.4 and 12.6 = native HoN playable with 12.4 (but rendering errors), butter smooth with 12.6

The game feels smoother on the HD7770 with 12.6 beta than with 12.4. But since it's the only card I can run 12.6 with, I asked for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick3y View Post
    I have same performance issue with opengl on both windows and linux. With opengl on lowest possible settings i have about 30 fps in game and its drops below 20 in teamfights but with directx on mid/high settings i have about 50-80 fps and it is never drops below 30 even in teamfights. I am using hp 630 laptop with core i3 cpu and amd 6370m card with latest catalyst driver.
    Same perfomance with latest catalyst 12.6. Who should fix this? S2 or AMD?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick3y View Post
    Same perfomance with latest catalyst 12.6. Who should fix this? S2 or AMD?
    I have a feeling that it is S2 who fail here.