Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of Newerth performance

Quote Originally Posted by Tares View Post
    Anyway as I stated before, we have a working native HoN with acceptable performance. Why should we care for anything more?
    pBuffer rendering is singlecore/singletheatet-CPU bounded and PCI/PCIE/AGP Bus speed bounded.

if a 3,8ghz PhenomII makes 29fps can you imagine how bad the engine run on slower computers like a notebook?

because right now there is no single notebook out there with a cpu like a phenomII quatcore with 3,8ghz....

be should care because it burns much energy heat to get acceptable fps and you have to buy expensive hardware and you are forced to use Desktop/workstation hardware instead of notebook hardware if you want to play in the same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    if a 3,8ghz PhenomII makes 29fps can you imagine how bad the engine run on slower computers like a notebook?
    Though not at netbook levels, my s939 system (with HD4670 PCI-E) gets the same average FPS result regardless of quality settings.
    So performance isn't horrible, but still doesn't seem to scale with CPU power.

Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    Though not at netbook levels, my s939 system (with HD4670 PCI-E) gets the same average FPS result regardless of quality settings.
    So performance isn't horrible, but still doesn't seem to scale with CPU power.
    i try to point out that pbuffer rendering do have many bottle necks.

its just obsolete

There is (or at least was) a command line option to use the OpenGL rendering on Windows.

I remember trying it a while ago and it ran like crap. There was a thread about it on the HoN forum but I think they deleted it.

Doesn't this game force a target framerate of 30. It should fluctuate between 25ish and 35ish but instead it's putting a limit on top end and allowing the low end to sink to 15.

i upgrade my hd4670 to an hd4850 and now i do have 22fps in the nativ clind. with firefox and 23fps without firefox

and the windows clind in wine: 52fps without firefox.

.... native hon is unplayable on a 3,8ghz quatcore phenomII +hd4850... LOL!!!

S2-Games 's OpenGL renderer is just brain-death!
    Last edited by Qaridarium; 09-08-2011 at 05:07 PM.

It IS the GPU driver .. id like to see someone of AMD to notice this bug and try to fix it as it makes HoN experience pretty much .. you know .. bad :/

camiseta alemania futbol

So just to confirm, are you saying that HON running on Linux is much slower than HON running with the same OpenGL renderer on Windows with the Catalyst driver ?

Or are you comparing HON/DX/Windows with HON/OpenGL/Linux, which runs significantly different application graphics code ?
    Last edited by bridgman; 09-13-2011 at 11:25 AM.

seems to be problem with hd 4xxx series then
    cuz not experiencing it with 5770
    and i have much weaker cpu than Qaridarium. namely amd x2 6000+
    getting solid 60 fps with tearfree enabled..huge action drops to 25 fps sometimes tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    So just to confirm, are you saying that HON running on Linux is much slower than HON running with the same OpenGL renderer on Windows with the Catalyst driver ?
    Or are you comparing HON/DX/Windows with HON/OpenGL/Linux, which runs significantly different application graphics code ?
    maybe there is an hd4000 regression bug ?

i update the graphic card from hd4670 to hd4850 and now the game runs slower 29fps vs 22fps...

and the hd4850 should be much faster...

maybe amd should fix that regression.