Thread: The Graphics Stack, Requirements For Ubuntu 11.10

Default The Graphics Stack, Requirements For Ubuntu 11.10

Phoronix: The Graphics Stack, Requirements For Ubuntu 11.10

If you're thinking about trying out the Ubuntu 11.10 Beta release later in the week or are beginning to wonder about what the graphics driver options for Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" when released in October, here's a collection of information you'll want to know about the graphics drivers to be found in Ubuntu 11.10.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=16347

Default ack.... 3.0?

Yeah, I think I'll wait until a version of the kernel has the power problems solved, since I use linux on my netbook.

Power regression started in .38, so we've had 6 months worth of kernels with the power issue/s (some new ones have popped up). I really wish they would get around to fixing it.

You should have added that a new feature is that they are shipping updates for the proprietary AMD/nVidia drivers through the fglrx-updates and nvidia-*-updates packages and through Jockey.

Quote Originally Posted by d2kx View Post
    You should have added that a new feature is that they are shipping updates for the proprietary AMD/nVidia drivers through the fglrx-updates and nvidia-*-updates packages and through Jockey.
    Wow, I didn't know that