Thread: 8.42.3 GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing

Default 8.42.3 GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing

hi!
    i'm sorry for opening a new thread on the new fglrx driver, but i found no solution to my problem(s).

i run: ~x86 gentoo , kernel 2.6.22 , kde 3.5.8 , xorg 7.3 (xorg-server 1.4) , compiz 0.6.2 (all other packages beginning with "compiz-" are version 0.6.0) , ati radeon 9600xt , 1gb ddr ram, athlon 3000+ (barton) , via chipset

what i've done:
    the last months i ran the opensource driver, because of xorg-server 1.4. today i downloaded ati-driver 8.42.3. i installed it with "sh ./ati-driver*". that all worked fine for me.
    after reboot i ran fglrxinfo and glxinfo and glxgears and fgl_gxlgears. everything was ok! (but i couldn't recognize any performance boost , don't mind, i just want to have compiz running )

here are the "errors" i detected:
    in /var/log/Xorg.0.log there are a LOT of warnings:
    (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
    ---- a lot more here inbetween ---
    (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x72
    but it also says that AIGLX is enabled and Composite is enabled, too.

these are all hints i could find.

the problem i have is:
    i cannot start compiz! i tried with indirect rendering and edited /etc/xdg/compiz/compiz-manager . i inserted the whitelist and edited the fglrx_path. and there was another problem: the file "/usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/libGL.so.1.2" doesn't exist, so i searched for it and found: "/usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1.2"

all in all i stand where i started from... i always get when i start compiz:

compiz (core) - Fatal: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing
    compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
    compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0

i started compiz with "LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 compiz --replace ccp &"

i hope someone can help me

Quote Originally Posted by benneque View Post
    hi!
    i'm sorry for opening a new thread on the new fglrx driver, but i found no solution to my problem(s).

i run: ~x86 gentoo , kernel 2.6.22 , kde 3.5.8 , xorg 7.3 (xorg-server 1.4) , compiz 0.6.2 (all other packages beginning with "compiz-" are version 0.6.0) , ati radeon 9600xt , 1gb ddr ram, athlon 3000+ (barton) , via chipset

what i've done:
    the last months i ran the opensource driver, because of xorg-server 1.4. today i downloaded ati-driver 8.42.3. i installed it with "sh ./ati-driver*". that all worked fine for me.
    after reboot i ran fglrxinfo and glxinfo and glxgears and fgl_gxlgears. everything was ok! (but i couldn't recognize any performance boost , don't mind, i just want to have compiz running )

the problem i have is:
    i cannot start compiz! i tried with indirect rendering and edited /etc/xdg/compiz/compiz-manager . i inserted the whitelist and edited the fglrx_path. and there was another problem: the file "/usr/lib/opengl/xorg-x11/libGL.so.1.2" doesn't exist, so i searched for it and found: "/usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1.2"

Same problem, same graphic card, better description:
    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5972

It seems to be an issue with the 9600xt card.

Heres some lines from Xorg.0.log to help out

Code:
    (--) fglrx(0): VideoRAM: 131072 kByte, Type: DDR SGRAM / SDRAM
    (WW) fglrx(0): board is an unknown third party board, chipset is supported
    Ok so apparently, I can only use half my vram and my card is not properly supported.

Quote Originally Posted by damentz View Post
    It seems to be an issue with the 9600xt card.

Heres some lines from Xorg.0.log to help out

Code:
    (--) fglrx(0): VideoRAM: 131072 kByte, Type: DDR SGRAM / SDRAM
    (WW) fglrx(0): board is an unknown third party board, chipset is supported
    Ok so apparently, I can only use half my vram and my card is not properly supported.
    getting the same error, is there any logs I could post to help solve the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by benneque View Post
    hi!

what i've done:

the problem i have is:

I had the same exact problem. Except on amd64. To get it working, I masked xorg-server-1.4, running xorg-server-1.3.0.0-r2 right now. To start compiz, i use fusion-icon or compiz-manager, i can't start compiz straight from the command line.
    Last edited by c0un7d0wn; 10-26-2007 at 03:02 PM.