Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD's Official 8.42.3 Release Notes

Default AMD's Official 8.42.3 Release Notes

Phoronix: AMD's Official 8.42.3 Release Notes

It's over 24 hours now since the fglrx 8.42.3 download link first surfaced and we shared the great news with you that 8.42 delivers on AIGLX and other improvements. However, the AMD website still hasn't been updated for this new Linux driver.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE1MQ

But with Compiz running, we get choppy video! xD
    Hopefully this issue is something ATI is aware of, along with some needed optimizations, but this driver is a good start (8.42.3)

can someone explain this line to me?
    "Products older than Radeon™ HD 2x00 are now supported after being enabled only for testing in 8.41.7"

Default official release?

Where is the download links? In official site of AMD, I did not find the download page of 8.42.3.

Quote Originally Posted by superyounan1 View Post
    can someone explain this line to me?
    "Products older than Radeon™ HD 2x00 are now supported after being enabled only for testing in 8.41.7"
    They've got means for turning off the checks for what chip you're trying to run their driver with- and they turned it off and did testing against the driver in their QA group for those non R600 chips. 8.42, according to them, passed muster. With the threads going on in these forums and elsewhere on the subject of problems with installation, stability, and rendering quality, I doubt they actually did pass muster.

Hi, i've installed this drivers sucessfully on my ubuntu 7.10 x86_64 version.
    Drivers are working but i can't enable desktop effects, any idea what's the problem?
    Thanx.

it's still a beta driver, as the notes say.

well, it's not that i can recall a post-beta stage ati driver :]

Quote Originally Posted by DrSlump View Post
    Hi, i've installed this drivers sucessfully on my ubuntu 7.10 x86_64 version.
    Drivers are working but i can't enable desktop effects, any idea what's the problem?
    Thanx.
    Whitelist the fglrx driver in /usr/bin/compiz

When I go to ATI.com and I check for Linux 32 bits driver for Radeon 9550 he gives the 8.40.4 and if I check for HD Radeon he gives me the 8.41.7. Why? The driver is out since 3 days. Is it a béta?