Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Wine 1.3.28: Fun With DirectDraw/OpenGL, VBScript

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default pgo

    As far as i know, latest official mozilla builds includes PGO on linux as well, and so it is on archlinux.
    Can't see why other distributions like ubuntu shouldn't do it too, nor i know if that statement is true.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    343

    Default

    in my experience, firefox works faster on linux, its more responsive, but yes, flash is slower, java slower, but in windows firefox is less responsive

  3. #13

    Default firefox pgo

    official linux firefox has PGO enabled. ubuntu's firefox does not https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....9/+bug/213708

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Linuxland
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Don't the Mozilla builds also use LTO? That requires 8gb ram from the build machine though, so it's understandable if it's not used by distros :P

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    wine is a awesome pice of software!...

    and wine also beats nativ linux programm versions...

    i get 3-4 more fps in hon with better graphic if i use wine...

    also firefox is faster in wine as nativ.. and so one.
    How about you start writing with full sentences/words en way... les.... dots.....
    That would certainly increase the readability of your posts in general.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
    What was the DirectDraw default render before the change to OpenGL?
    GDI http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
    While looking up the URL I noticed there was a reg. key that I had not seen before: AlwaysOffscreen... sounds fun

    Anyway, still using 1.3.24 till I get the time to troubleshoot sound in later versions.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    GDI http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
    While looking up the URL I noticed there was a reg. key that I had not seen before: AlwaysOffscreen... sounds fun

    Anyway, still using 1.3.24 till I get the time to troubleshoot sound in later versions.
    I had some problems with sound in newer versions. If you have an exception for "mmdevapi", try disabling it (disabling the exception).

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markg85 View Post
    How about you start writing with full sentences/words en way... les.... dots.....
    That would certainly increase the readability of your posts in general.
    But maybe its a authentication check. Its only true "Qaridarium" if there are wrong stuff in it with many dots.
    If Bridgman hack my account and try to write here as "Qaridarium" he will fail because he can not write like me LOL
    because he is not so brain-death like me.
    its like a water mark protection.

    You can trust my misspelled words!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Firefox is slow. It's slow because it doesn't have the advantage of a new multithreaded architecture like Chrome does (last time I checked).

    It's not slow because the people that want it to run on Linux want it to suck balls.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    If Bridgman hack my account and try to write here as "Qaridarium" he will fail because he can not write like me LOL
    There's a reason I spell your name "Q"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •