Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That Piece Of Crap Hewlett-Packard Ad

Default That Piece Of Crap Hewlett-Packard Ad

Phoronix: That Piece Of Crap Hewlett-Packard Ad

If you've been annoyed over the past ~18 hours by a Hewlett-Packard ad appearing on Phoronix that's hijacking the pages for at least the US traffic, I've been beyond annoyed by this bloody ad as well. It should be hopefully fixed soon...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTkwNQ

Sorry, but I had to turn on ABP for this site because of those obtrusive ads. I'm glad to know you're going to fix it. Let us know when it's fixed so we can turn off the "scum" and support your site again.

Is premium fixed yet?

I'm not a fan of premium subscriptions nor advertisement in any way. I would like to see Flattr on this site (I already requested it here) which would be a nice donation option. The internet should be free of ads

The HP ad should now be gone!

+1 for Flattr - I think it allows us to reward good articles

I honestly don't think I have EVER seen Michael this mad... Although, he sure has a right to be, and I admire his use of the f-bomb in an article

Was it a Adobe Flash Ad? Since I haven't seen it at all lately and I'm not using Flash or a Adblocker...

Quote Originally Posted by onny View Post
    I'm not a fan of premium subscriptions nor advertisement in any way. I would like to see Flattr on this site (I already requested it here) which would be a nice donation option. The internet should be free of ads
    +1

or a voluntary donation system via Paypal (if not already set up)

Ads should be small and unobtrusive plus being silent (no sound or flashing ads) plus being easy to close. Doesn't Phoronix work closely with the ad delivery companies in setting the content to be delivered as well as screening out malicious ads?

Michael, I will disable AdBlock for your website on one condition - you promise that there will be no Flash ads.