Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: [8.42.3] X1950Pro AGP vs 9500Pro AGP the winner? Clearly the 9500Pro! ... what?!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    73

    Default

    I'm now using the 8.34.8 drivers, I had to downgrade to Xorg 7.1 but at least it works. Come on ATI sort out the bloody AGP bugs!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundworks2 View Post
    Hi every body

    I have very good news for Fedora Core 7 users using like me X1950 AGP with fglrx 8.42.3...

    The problem with XGL is fixed now for me...

    I did "yum update" to latest updates from official FC7 repositories. This way I landed with new kernel version 2.6.23.1-10.fc7.

    So I tried to rebuild FC7 packages for new kernel and it didn't worked... build failures as expected ( there exist a patch for kernel 2.6.23 )

    Befor I started to google for this patch, I tried to find fglrx package from yum..... and I found it allready build for new kernel... on livna repo.

    Closest thing is to try it... , so I removed my self builde fglrx packages ( yum remove `rpm -qa | grep fglrx` ) and installed livna packages:

    xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-devel-8.42.3-6.lvn7
    xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.42.3-6.lvn7
    kmod-fglrx-8.42.3-4.2.6.23.1_10.fc7

    Livna guys did the whole work, I can run against fgl_glxgears, no corruptions or versions missmatch !!!

    I will have to do some additional tests now ( vlc video playback using openGL, and Beryl )

    Great thanks to liva guys for great job!!!
    I'll take a peek then what the gentoo folk have been doing with the ebuild and 2.6.23 support, i'm still using 2.6.22. It sounds reasonable to assume that AGP support may be fixed in 2.6.23 then, so we could almost blame the kernel over the drivers.

    So i just put in the X1950Pro on the 2.6.23 kernel, here's my fgrlx snipped.

    Code:
    fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies, Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel.
    [fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers: 1898 MBytes.
    [fglrx] ASYNCIO init succeed!
    [fglrx] PAT is enabled successfully!
    [fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 8.42.3 [Oct 19 2007] on minor 0
    ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
    [fglrx] IRQ_MGR is disabled untill GART_CACHABLE memory will be implemented
    [fglrx] Internal AGP support requested, but kernel AGP support active.
    [fglrx] Have to use kernel AGP support to avoid conflicts.
    [fglrx] AGP detected, AgpState   = 0x1f000a1b (hardware caps of chipset)
    agpgart: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
    agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 8x mode
    agpgart: Putting AGP V3 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 8x mode
    [fglrx] AGP enabled,  AgpCommand = 0x1f000312 (selected caps)
    So nothing has changed, I hope my card works more smoothyl adn better then my 9500 .. or else it's back to that one.

    (EE) fglrx(0): Failed to enable interrupts.
    i also still have in my Xorg.0.log btw.

    I'm gonna build my kernel without/module agp support and let the internal agp be used for a change.

    Edit so they where modules, but i couldn't unload the amd64_cpu agp thing so i just disabled it (left generic agp/main option on) but no go. get the famous no agp error so I gave up on that quite fast. back to the 9500 until the driver gets this sorted.
    Last edited by oliver; 11-05-2007 at 08:55 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Anybody btw posted the IRQ issue on ati.cchtml.com? Or found any additional people with this problem?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oliver View Post
    Anybody btw posted the IRQ issue on ati.cchtml.com? Or found any additional people with this problem?
    I've been searching round and there are other occurances of the bug. Some AGP users get it working, some don't :/

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    I've been searching round and there are other occurances of the bug. Some AGP users get it working, some don't :/
    Rare coincidence?

    Guess 8.43 will show'n'tell eh

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Zagreb, Hrvatska
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hello good people of Phoronix forums! I'm new here and this is my first post.

    The reason I registered here is that I have problems with the same graphics card that this thread is about, but with different issues.

    Also, because of different nature of Phoronix forum I thought that my problem could be resolved faster here than on www.fedoraforum.org.

    Anyway, I have a Radeon X1950 PRO AGP version, with 512 MB, on an Asrock nForce 2 Ultra 400 motherboard with 3x512 DDR 400 RAM (G.E.I.L.). CPU: Barton@3000+.

    Nothing is overclocked.

    The problem: I can install the driver with no problems. I installed it from Livna and done a complete upgrade of my Fedora 7 instllation, just like soundworks2 did. So what's wrong? In whatever window/application that uses the graphics card I get a blank window. Be it playing back video files (I have all the necessary codecs install, and the video reproduction works without the driver, albeit slow and it's blocky), or just running Neverball, I get a window with nothing but black content. The sound plays, and probably the video I just can't see anything.

    And, yes, I do have direct rendering enabled, the driver is ATI's not Mesa.

    I can run fgl_glxgears, I get what framerate it's running on but I get a black screen.

    Right now I'm at work, but when I get home I'll post the relevant outputs from the command line along with some screenshots of the problems.

    TIA

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markitz View Post
    Hello good people of Phoronix forums! I'm new here and this is my first post.

    The reason I registered here is that I have problems with the same graphics card that this thread is about, but with different issues.

    Also, because of different nature of Phoronix forum I thought that my problem could be resolved faster here than on www.fedoraforum.org.

    Anyway, I have a Radeon X1950 PRO AGP version, with 512 MB, on an Asrock nForce 2 Ultra 400 motherboard with 3x512 DDR 400 RAM (G.E.I.L.). CPU: Barton@3000+.

    Nothing is overclocked.

    The problem: I can install the driver with no problems. I installed it from Livna and done a complete upgrade of my Fedora 7 instllation, just like soundworks2 did. So what's wrong? In whatever window/application that uses the graphics card I get a blank window. Be it playing back video files (I have all the necessary codecs install, and the video reproduction works without the driver, albeit slow and it's blocky), or just running Neverball, I get a window with nothing but black content. The sound plays, and probably the video I just can't see anything.

    And, yes, I do have direct rendering enabled, the driver is ATI's not Mesa.

    I can run fgl_glxgears, I get what framerate it's running on but I get a black screen.

    Right now I'm at work, but when I get home I'll post the relevant outputs from the command line along with some screenshots of the problems.

    TIA
    Set your AGP Apperture in your bios to 256 or 512.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Zagreb, Hrvatska
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thank you!

    That did the trick!

    But... the video is still blocky... probably because I use gstreamer instead of xine...

    No worrys, that's off-topic and probably easy to mend.

    Cheers!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Same trouble here with Sapphire Radeon HD 2600 XT AGP 256Mo.

    dmesg shows :

    Code:
    ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
    [fglrx] IRQ_MGR is disabled untill GART_CACHABLE memory will be implemented<6>[fglrx] Internal AGP support requested, but kernel AGP support active.
    [fglrx] Have to use kernel AGP support to avoid conflicts.
    [fglrx] AGP detected, AgpState   = 0x1f000a1b (hardware caps of chipset)
    agpgart: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
    and my Xorg.0.log

    Code:
    (II) fglrx(0): DRIScreenInit done
    (II) fglrx(0): Kernel Module Version Information:
    (II) fglrx(0):     Name: fglrx
    (II) fglrx(0):     Version: 8.42.3
    (II) fglrx(0):     Date: Oct 19 2007
    (II) fglrx(0):     Desc: ATI FireGL DRM kernel module
    (II) fglrx(0): Kernel Module version matches driver.
    (II) fglrx(0): Kernel Module Build Time Information:
    (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel UTS_RELEASE:        2.6.23.1-21.fc7
    (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel MODVERSIONS:        no
    (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel __SMP__:            yes
    (II) fglrx(0):     Build-Kernel PAGE_SIZE:          0x1000
    (II) fglrx(0): [drm] register handle = 0x00099000
    (EE) fglrx(0): Failed to enable interrupts.
    (II) fglrx(0): [pci] find AGP GART
    (II) fglrx(0): [agp] Mode=0x1f000a1b bridge: 0x1106/0x0204
    (II) fglrx(0): [agp] AGP v1/2 disable mask 0x00000214
    (II) fglrx(0): [agp] AGP v3 disable mask   0x00000002
    (II) fglrx(0): [agp] enabling AGP with mode=0x1f000b19
    (II) fglrx(0): [agp] Remapping MC AGP space (new MCAGPBase = 0xd0000000)
    (II) fglrx(0): [agp] AGP protocol is enabled for graphics board. (cmd=0x1f000311)
    (II) fglrx(0): [agp] graphics chipset has AGP v3.0 (native mode)
    (II) fglrx(0): DRI initialization successfull!
    My kernel is 2.6.23.1-21 on Fedora 7 (x86_64) with xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.42.3-6.lvn7.x86_64.

    I've a lot of trouble with video playback (very slow, white screen, stripes, etc...).
    Last edited by Kitof; 11-15-2007 at 05:05 AM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Exactly the same thing with Catalyst Linux 7.11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •