Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Berlin pirates force FDP to walk the plank"

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    This is Jörg Haider, no? Isn't he dead now?
    no its : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_Westerwelle

Breaking electoral promises is common practice among political parties worldwide. I think Obama must be world record holder breaking electorial promises!
    sure.. thats really odd

None of that matters (above). The German government or ECB will seize Q's plan and print a zillion dollars and pay off all the debts. Inflation doesn't matter either according to Q. Never been a problem anyplace so...

Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    None of that matters (above). The German government or ECB will seize Q's plan and print a zillion dollars and pay off all the debts. Inflation doesn't matter either according to Q. Never been a problem anyplace so...
    LOL sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    When Germany collapses (trying to bail out EU countries), it will be a rude awakening for them.

Did you know they're ranked very high on external debt AND public debt? So, they want to add further debt?!?

Some say they need to abandon the EU to save it! Others say, if they don't bail out the other countries, the Euro will crash and the EU will collapse.

Basically, if you look at who they have to bail out, these countries are also listed as incredibly high in debt (as % of GDP).

I think it's inevitable that other political parties (other than typical mainstream ones) will gain in popularity when things go bad.

P.S. Heraki, link works fine... for me... maybe the server was down temporarily or something?
    why should Germany collaps?

Unlike UK, Ireland, Spain, USA Germany has a successfull prductive industrial sector and is not based on banking and real estate bubbles. Everybody buys German products. So 'crash'? Very unlikely. More likely that such 'successfull' countries like USA or Ireland going belly up.

'Erm...
    Germany has a REALLY bad history of putting REALLY bad people into office..
    I don't think that the Pirate party is good for Germany. It might sound delicious on paper, just as how Hitler sounded delicious on paper when he promised to eradicate Communism.. Heck, at the time, even many people in the USA thought Hitler would be the best thing since sliced bread because he was going to put so much pressure on Communist Russia.... but I think some of these radical parties have got additional agendas that they're going to push when they gain power that is hidden behind a cover of flowers and lies. Germans like to vote for the radical extremist underdogs, and history has shown that this isn't really such a great idea.. 9% for the Pirate Party.. That's scary..
    Last edited by Sidicas; 09-26-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by energyman View Post
    why should Germany collaps?

Unlike UK, Ireland, Spain, USA Germany has a successfull prductive industrial sector and is not based on banking and real estate bubbles. Everybody buys German products. So 'crash'? Very unlikely. More likely that such 'successfull' countries like USA or Ireland going belly up.
    Food for thought: if a worldwide recession sets in and the rest of the world stops buying, what happens to export-heavy economies like Germany?

The debt crisis in the EU periphery has already brought Germany's growth rate to a near stand-still and we are not even close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. (Italy is already in a downward spiral and France is tittering at the edge - the economies of these countries make the deficits of Ireland and Greece look like short change).

I mean to say... The German Pirate party is looking to do things like banning DRM and forcing people to use Open Source everywhere.. I don't think this is the right approach at all.. People should have a choice as to whether they want to run Open Source or DRM. You can't go around ramming this down people's throats as nothing good will ever come out of it..

I want to see people use non-DRM technologies and Open Source everywhere because it's BETTER and not because some Pirate party decides that they're going to force everybody to use it, whether they like it or not..

These radical parties focus so much on these ideals that they lose sight of the more important things.. It's not just about non-DRM or open source, it's about delivering quality software and features to people that the people like to use..

When you do things like killing off copyright and ramming open source / non-DRM tech down people's throats, it's more harm than good.. As you're taking away people's rights to choice.

This is Jörg Haider, no? Isn't he dead now?

Breaking electoral promises is common practice among political parties worldwide. I think Obama must be world record holder breaking electorial promises!
    I don't particularly want to get involved in online political arguments, since that's about as productive as stuffing cats into microwaves, but Obama attempted to follow through on many of his campaign promises. He has been hampered by the most childish and incompetent congress in US history.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_driver View Post
    I don't particularly want to get involved in online political arguments, since that's about as productive as stuffing cats into microwaves, but Obama attempted to follow through on many of his campaign promises. He has been hampered by the most childish and incompetent congress in US history.
    The most common response each year when I tell new people at Oktoberfest I am from Chicago...
    2009: An enthusiastic 'That's where Obama is from, right!!??'
    2010: A far less enthusiastic response about Obama being from Chicago.
    2011: 'Isn't that where Michael Jordan basketball is from!?!'
    ( About a dozen people in the past week have brought up Michael Jordan, but only one stranger has even mentioned Obama. )

Quote Originally Posted by Sidicas View Post
    'Erm...
    Germany has a REALLY bad history of putting REALLY bad people into office..
    I don't think that the Pirate party is good for Germany. It might sound delicious on paper, just as how Hitler sounded delicious on paper when he promised to eradicate Communism.. Heck, at the time, even many people in the USA thought Hitler would be the best thing since sliced bread because he was going to put so much pressure on Communist Russia.... but I think some of these radical parties have got additional agendas that they're going to push when they gain power that is hidden behind a cover of flowers and lies. Germans like to vote for the radical extremist underdogs, and history has shown that this isn't really such a great idea.. 9% for the Pirate Party.. That's scary..
    do you know that the german pirate party is the "Internet-Party" the "human-Right-Party" they stand for strong human rights...

and you compare the pirates with Hitler LOL---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_...ment_worldwide

the pirate party is a worldwide movement ... and no German national movement.