Quote Originally Posted by Stellarwind View Post
This links are not proper studies, just some news - if you trust everything you read in newspapers and saw on TV - you are not too smart.
Can we have some scientific papers with statistics etc? And I don't understand german, sorry.
the links are about the tropic that no Studies covers the safety of the nuclear traveler workers.
its just visa versa that what you are write here about this tropic.
I'm so smart to not believe the "Official-Government" story but you are believe all shit they tell you even if there is "are not proper studies" and "if you trust everything you read " from the Government " you are not too smart."
And you are not so smart to get this from the Government: "Can we have some scientific papers with statistics etc?"
the clou is Germany only uses people from outside Germany because they don't wanna pay for them if there are ill.

Atmosphere does indeed saves us from most of solar radiation and X-rays is also radiation...
But your initial claim was that people die from small doses... there is your small doeses - I did xray few times so far and I often relax in the sun, yet I'm alive.
the Cancer statistic and studies cover me 100% "I often Relax in the sun" is a source of getting cancer .
this means: "people die from small doses" is truth

If the power plant is operating at normal conditions - it is safer than getting xray once in a year.
this is also just a rhetorical trick because i don't get any xray because there is not clinical use for me.
this means a nuclear power plant is more dangerous for normal people than xray usages in clinical use because normal people don't use xray.

Also burning coil leads to global warming,
this is not true studies show that china's burning coil cool down the global warming because of the sulfur and sulfur-acid in the smoke. thats because sulfur aerosol do an reflection of sun light back into the sky.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-nuclear-waste (another newspaper, but you seem to accept them as a proof)
I'm a man with brain means i know that there are natural sources of radioactive.
we have the "schwarzwald" with natural uran radioactivity
nothing special here. but this makes nuclear power plants not save.

which leads to ozone layer shrinking and it is the thing that protects earth from solar radiation, ironic, isn't it?
its a matter of fact that the FCKW gases that destroy the ozone layer cool down the earth on South Pole.*[3]
thats because the sun ray are not colliding with the ozone layer and the sunlight goes back into the universe.
this means we need to destroy even more ozone layer on South pole to cool the earth down.
also we need to burn more coal to get more reflection of solar radiation back into the universe *[2].
also plants grow faster if they get diffused light from aerosol from dirty air *[1] and more CO2 also grow plants faster.

*[1] http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/n...620705,00.html
*[2] http://www.zeit.de/wissen/umwelt/201...chwefel-wetter
*[3] ↑ Shindell, Drew T.; Schmidt, Gavin A. (2004): Southern Hemisphere climate response to ozone changes and greenhouse gas increases. In: Geophysical Research Letters, 31, L18209, doi:10.1029/2004GL020724

Afaik radioactive smoke detectors containing americium-241 are banned in Germany and France although they are permitted in other EU Member States, such as the Netherlands, where they are sold in DIY shops.
france + germany are the most people and biggest economy it doesn't matter that you can buy it in the Netherlands.

Again, I can't read german and wiki article says station was closed due to maintenance costs.
and i can't read english so whats the point?(i also use google translator to help me understand thinks) in the german article there are much more advance about this nuclear power plant. and the costs are only so high because of nuclear accidents and the general problem with the safety

I fail to understand how living near nuclear reactor where radiation levels are not higher than anywhere else and lower than in xray room where doctors actually work whole day can be a harm.
right now no one understand this. the multiple studies only make this a matter of fact but they do not deliver why this is so.

Ecology = your health either way.
its just the point that burn your health directly is more stupid that burn it indirectly.

Consumer solar panels can't really power a big factory,
the germans do have 11GWpH solar panels and a big part of them are consumer solar panels.

and solar power plants with power output compareable to a modern nuclear plant will be quite big -
the germans allready do have 11GWpH solar power plants but nuclear power plants are only 0,5-1GW big...

you need to cut down some trees to put there a solar plant.
trees do have 1% efficiency but modern solar power plants do have up to 45% efficiency
means for every tree you kill you save the planet!

Also solar panel production is not a cleanest technology in the world: "Making solar panels, which are in many ways directly descended from semiconductors, also produces toxic byproducts that could sicken living beings, warns the SVTC. Among these are caustic liquids like silicon tetrachloride, dusts and nanoparticles like kerf (a remnant from cutting silicon ingots), and potent greenhouse gases like sulfur hexafluoride."
sure! if this is an problem you need to go for the updraft tower.

And studies show that more people get hit by cars vs dead from radiation exposure
sure thats a valid point lets start to ban cars to!

- not an argument. And my point was green energy is in fact not that "green".
Besides this ones you linked can't produce much power, otherwise we'd built those, not normal ones.
try to be green and the real matters are truly different.

for example human beings for every human you kill you save the planet.
humans pollute CO2!

in your logic you need to kill all humans.