Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 118

Thread: Pushing Reiser4 Is "Not Of High Priority"

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Wow, people still care about murderFS?
    Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

    I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Wow, people still care about murderFS?
    Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

    I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.
    I disagree.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Wow, people still care about murderFS?
    Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

    I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.
    Of course! Everything that has a connection to something that's not right should be killed! With fire!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Wow, people still care about murderFS?
    Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

    I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,778

    Default

    They won't let him work with file systems in prison. He might use them to escape ...

    trollolol :P

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Wow, people still care about murderFS?
    Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

    I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.
    Reiser4 had some very cleaver mechanisms that haven't been replicated by any other FS out there. As I mentioned before the intelligent data compression was the reason I moved to it. There is little reason for good code to die

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azpegath View Post
    I disagree.
    Saying you disagree without saying WHAT you disagree with suggests that you're just being a douchebag and probably haven't even read what you're disagreeing with.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FireBurn View Post
    Reiser4 had some very cleaver mechanisms that haven't been replicated by any other FS out there. As I mentioned before the intelligent data compression was the reason I moved to it. There is little reason for good code to die
    Its obsolete code being dragged along by diehard fans of a convicted felon. There is nothing special about it. Compression isn't even that useful on the filesystem level -- most large file types already incorporate compression, word processor documents, videos, audio, images.... everything that will actually consume a significant amount of space is *already compressed* -- double compression just eats cpu time without benefit. Partition level compression is obsolete, and even in the very RARE case where it makes sense, easily worked around. There is no need for the filesystem itself to include compression, leave that to somewhere else.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 89c51 View Post
    duhhhhhh
    Grow up........................

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droidhacker View Post
    Wow, people still care about murderFS?
    Time to let it die. If I was in charge of upstream, I'd just tell them to drop dead if/when submitted. The big distros aren't going to include it either way (bad association), otherwise if there was actually anything particularly useful about it, they would have picked up development on it.

    I really don't see what the big deal about this is. Just let it die already. Not every bit of code is destined for the linux kernel. Most code dies, and the only reason anyone even remembers THIS dead code, is because of its CRIMINAL ASSOCIATION.
    Steve Jobs comes to hell and sees Steve Ballmer there, standing knee-deep in the blood pool.
    SJ: "What the ack are you doing here?"
    SB: "Im standing here as punishment for the people and careers which I destroyed".
    ...
    SJ: "Where is Bill?"
    SB: "Right here, Im standing on his shoulders."



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •