Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Open/Closed Source Games

Hybrid View

Default Favorite Open/Closed Source Games

Well, what are your favorite open-source and closed-source LINUX-NATIVE games?

Me personally, I think of all times it would have to be RTCW: Enemy Territory and Cube or Nexuiz. Though, I am very much waiting to see how Quake Wars: Enemy Territory will fare.

I will always be up for a game of RTCW:ET (probably my favorite LAN party game). Lately I have been playing some Doom 3 and some UT2004, but I have fallen back to my old favorite; Warcraft 2 (using the Stratagus engine).

I had a terrific time with Quake 4, although my opinion seems to uncommon. I thought it was a really awesome action-shooter. Neverwinter Nights w/ expansions is a close second.

Quake Wars should be a blast. I'm really looking forward to that.

I've always loved Unreal Tournament, although I can't really get into Nexuiz. It just doesn't seem to have as tight gameplay as UT. I tend to play a little bit of Neverball when I am bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Williams
    I tend to play a little bit of Neverball when I am bored.
    I second that. Neverball and Neverputt are both great games.

EDIT: Now why isn't quoting working...?

My favorite Linux game EVER is Darwinia. It's unique, original, very playable and in Linux. My perfect formula for great entertainment.

Two thumbs up.

Great find with that list, very detailed.

Here's a Wikipedia list of solely open-source games @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_games

openttd, darkplaces, ksudoku (), qgo, kmquake2 - all opensource (except for game content in some cases).

also emulators: mostly atari800 and e-uae when some nostalgia catches up with me.