Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Participate In The 2011 GNOME User Survey

Default Participate In The 2011 GNOME User Survey

Phoronix: Participate In The 2011 GNOME User Survey

The 2011 GNOME Survey is being hosted on Phoronix and everyone is invited to participate, regardless of whether GNOME is your primary desktop...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAwMjI

The post is self-explanatory: Gnome developper do not care for what their users think.

Gnome is just a trophy for them.

Fix that ignorance first and the usability will skyrocket.

Yeah, same kind of thing...
    gnome missed the boat big time. The desktop is NOT ABOUT THE SHELL, ITS ABOUT THE APPLICATIONS. Gnome has become WAY TOO OBTRUSIVE. Get the hell out of my face and let me actually get to work.

I guess that they've become too full of themselves. They want the world to revolve around them, but their place is to be in the background, just making life simpler.

I find the first part of this questionnaire rather messed up...
    01. Do you know what GNOME is? No (skip to question 3) Uh?
    02. Which of the following best resemble your desktop? How about an "Other" alternative? Because I'm using openbox/tint2 on top of an openSUSE KDE base... Or have "Are you using a desktop environment? Yes/No" first maybe?
    03. Overall, how satisfied are you with GNOME? Which version? What part (since most criticism I've read was specifically about the shell)? How do you know whether I've used GNOME at all?
    04. Does GNOME do what you want? Ditto.
    Question 5 to 9 at least have "Not applicable to me"
    10. How are you taking this survey? Erm what?

I'd say the rest starts to get it right... Whoever put this together might want to ask someone to proof-read the darn thing next time.

Though kudos for at least asking for feedback (timing might be a bit off, alright)
    Last edited by PsynoKhi0; 10-17-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
    10. How are you taking this survey? Erm what?
    There's two large Italian mob goons beside me. One of them's pounding his fist into his palm. I don't feel safe....

Quote Originally Posted by V!NCENT View Post
    The post is self-explanatory: Gnome developper do not care for what their users think.

Gnome is just a trophy for them.
    Not a very good trophy either. If I were a dev on Gnome3 I wouldn't admit it.

Way too little too late Gnome. Maybe asking your userbase before instead of after would have been more productive.

Quote Originally Posted by elsie View Post
    Not a very good trophy either. If I were a dev on Gnome3 I wouldn't admit it.

Way too little too late Gnome. Maybe asking your userbase before instead of after would have been more productive.
    +10.000 internets

Survey done.

Default Windows XP Luna Theme

You all remember how when Windows XP came out it had that colourful theme with large buttons all inspired by Fisher-Price. The reaction was along the lines of "I could be great for my X but not me". I keep getting the same feeling about Gnome 3 shell which seems to be designed for everyone else except the people who actually use Gnome.

More detail on XP at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/...31/104776.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by grotgrot View Post
    You all remember how when Windows XP came out it had that colourful theme with large buttons all inspired by Fisher-Price. The reaction was along the lines of "I could be great for my X but not me". I keep getting the same feeling about Gnome 3 shell which seems to be designed for everyone else except the people who actually use Gnome.
    Hahahahaha! x'D If only BlackStar would read that Gnome is now upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows XP