Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 11.10 Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 11.10 Linux Driver Released

On the last day of the month, AMD has released Catalyst 11.10 as their October 2011 proprietary Linux driver update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Xorg Server 1.11

Anyone happen to know if this version supports Xorg Server 1.11 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by simcop2387 View Post
      Anyone happen to know if this version supports Xorg Server 1.11 yet?
      It doesn't.

Also, it works now with kwin direct GL if you override the default through an environment variable, but it's only usable without vsync or tear free desktop on, else it is really slow.

Comment

Suspend bug fixed with e-350 APU?

Just wondering if anyone has tried it out.

Come on AMD!

Thanks

Comment

Tried it out.

Kernel panic with 3.1 based kernels.
          Compiz performance is still a slide show with Juniper hardware... More like a flip-book really

Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by homerhomer View Post

Come on AMD!

Thanks
            Suspend worked great with my AMD Fusion E-350 on Ubuntu with Catalyst 11.8, I just upgraded to Catalyst 11.10 which runs great but I haven't tried suspend yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
              It doesn't.

Also, it works now with kwin direct GL if you override the default through an environment variable, but it's only usable without vsync or tear free desktop on, else it is really slow.
              dammit my arch setup isn't updating all the way because of this xserver 1.11 issue. good to know about the kwin stuff though.

Comment

Anyone tried it on Gnome-Shell yet? Do we finally have a working fglrx with Gnome-Shell??

Comment

Originally posted by homerhomer View Post
                  Suspend working/failing seems to be more often a matter of BIOS than anything else. My cousin has a nVIDIA gpu that is supposed to be all roses according to what you read around these forums and it doesn't suspend/hibernate, not even in Windows. My AMD system with HD4200 IGP suspends/hibernates all the time perfectly using FGLRX and Radeon OSS drivers.

What I'm trying to say is that if your system doesn't suspend properly, it probably never will.

Comment

Argh, I hoped xorg 1.11 support would be included in this release. I just hope 11.11 gets released sooner next month.

Comment

Working...
                    X