Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: USA+China makes biggest jump ever in polluting global warming gases

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    your example of free energy is not free its so called a heat pump its the same if you use a water pump to pump water into the eath to get the earth heat out.
    the power output can be up to factor 4.
    but its still not free energy.

your example do the same but i think they don't hit the factor 2,8 but you need more than 2,8 to compensate the energy lost in making electric energy.
    I'm aware that it is a heat pump and I'm not claiming it is a "something for nothing" or perpetual motion or even a closed system of any kind. But that doesn't matter.

It's just that after the initial investment (and of course maintenance costs) you can extract energy cheaply and cleanly from the ambient environment. Nothing is REALLY free as such...

Quote Originally Posted by philcostin View Post
    I'm aware that it is a heat pump and I'm not claiming it is a "something for nothing" or perpetual motion or even a closed system of any kind. But that doesn't matter.

It's just that after the initial investment (and of course maintenance costs) you can extract energy cheaply and cleanly from the ambient environment. Nothing is REALLY free as such...
    heat pumps are an old story
    for the simple water pump into the earth you need a floor heating system.
    and this makes it expensive.
    its only profitable if the flyback in your heating system is very cool.
    because of this you only get high energy earning numbers if you do have a "floor heating system. "
    my families house for example do have a floor heating system but we already do have a power plant.
    and a power plant beat a heat pump all the time.
    because heat is cheap in Germany and electric energy is expensive.

we just do have a educational problem most people don't know anything about "heat-pump" and stuff.

in germany the KFW pay money for your project if you use a heat-pump-system but only if you also do have a "floor heating system." because they think it only works if you do it right with an floor heating system.