I am trying to make a switch to Linux (again). I own an Asus A4K laptop.
Hardware specs are:
- AMD64 Mobila Athlon XP3200+
- ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
- 1Gb Memory
I tried the Fedora ZOD Live-CD and it ran great so I decided to install the Fedora Core 6 64-Bit edition on my system. I noticed the following on my system:
- Artifacts during install.
- Coolers are going nuts as soon as something graphical appears.
- The video card cooler is almost constantly on (is is occasionally on on Win XP)
- Non-working wifi zydas1211 (trying to find a solution elsewhere)
What can I do to get rid of the cooloing/artifact problem?