Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Just Started

Default Humble Indie Bundle 4 Just Started

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Just Started

As suspected, there's a new Humble Indie Bundle in time for Christmas. The "Humble Indie Bundle 4" just got started this afternoon with a collection of new multi-platform, DRM-free games where you can set your own price...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAyNzc

The only game I've heard of in this bundle is "Gratuitous Space Battles". I bought the bundle anyway... I love that I am able to game natively on Linux.

What's that thing about "redeemable on steam"? Is steam in any way required?

Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    How is Steam required with no native client for Linux? And no, it is not required, you can only redeem it on Steam, which is nice. Maybe on Desura, if these games will be purchasable on Desura.

Some games do not even start using squeeze:

bit.trip.runner: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by bit.trip.runner)

a desktop file is also missing for bit.trip.runner...

I've looked really hard at all the games, watched Youtube videos etc. but none of them seem interesting to me. Add to that the removal of EFF from the charities list (for whatever reason), I think I'll skip a HIB for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    No it's not. You can download the file manually for all target OSs
    Typically they add Desura links later on for most titles.

On a side note: I really love this bundle. The current indieroyal bundle offers, again, not a single native Linux game.

Quote Originally Posted by gururise View Post
    The only game I've heard of in this bundle is "Gratuitous Space Battles". I bought the bundle anyway... I love that I am able to game natively on Linux.

is GSB linux-native? the GSB states it is not

Quote Originally Posted by dcc24 View Post
    ... Add to that the removal of EFF from the charities list (for whatever reason), ...
    This seems to be on request of the developers of this bundle, see http://twitter.com/#!/humble/status/146655575290286080 They'll be adding EFF back again in the future though.

Disappointed by this too...

Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    is GSB linux-native? the GSB states it is not
    Of course it is, the whole point of HIB is native games on Linux, Mac and Windows. They have only just come out for Linux in this Bundle.

Also @ Mike - Phoronix;

"with mixed success."

What has been mixed about any of the bundles? All have hit well over 500k i would call each one of them a massive success considering all the titles are small indie games, your journalism is getting worse.

For real gaming news - www.gamingonlinux.com