Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Phoronix Launches Phorogit Repository

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,826

    Default Phoronix Launches Phorogit Repository

    Phoronix: Phoronix Launches Phorogit Repository

    At Phoronix we are pleased to announce the creation of Phorogit. This site is a free software repository using the Git version control system.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjIxMQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Nice idea!
    A few points:

    - The 'recent commits' box in the overview page of a git repo is mangled in firefox; konqueror seems unaffected for some reason:



    - Please please please use a monospace font for the commitdiffs (a la gitweb); it's very hard to compare lines when they don't align properly.

    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Michael,

    why are you not using the normal gitweb interface??? this one is rather confusing. standards, standards, standards :-)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    92

    Default

    What's the URL to pull from?

    git://phorogit.com/projects/fglrx-packaging.git won't work.
    (Tried a few others as well.)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I don't understand the way to use it ????

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Berniyh View Post
    What's the URL to pull from?

    git://phorogit.com/projects/fglrx-packaging.git won't work.
    (Tried a few others as well.)
    Oops.

    Pull from:

    http://phorogit.com/repo/fglrx-packaging.git

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nochka85 View Post
    I don't understand the way to use it ????
    A "easy to use" method will be introduced shortly.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fhuberts View Post
    Michael,

    why are you not using the normal gitweb interface??? this one is rather confusing. standards, standards, standards :-)
    The reasons why will be known soon enough There's some features that Phorogit has that gitweb currently doesn't have to offer for display, in the ways of virtualized build testing and other features. More along the lines of creating a "Web 2.0" version of gitweb.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlau View Post
    Nice idea!
    A few points:

    - The 'recent commits' box in the overview page of a git repo is mangled in firefox; konqueror seems unaffected for some reason:



    - Please please please use a monospace font for the commitdiffs (a la gitweb); it's very hard to compare lines when they don't align properly.

    Thanks!
    Your first problem seems to do with font differences, I should be able to make that more conservative to fix.

    - Monospace will be added shortly, I thought I added it but I guess I forgot to upload.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The reasons why will be known soon enough There's some features that Phorogit has that gitweb currently doesn't have to offer for display, in the ways of virtualized build testing and other features. More along the lines of creating a "Web 2.0" version of gitweb.
    Maybe you could offer gitweb in addition.

    There are many pages, that offer gitweb and cgit and you can choose which one you prefer.

    Also, if you use git via http it's not optimal, couldn't you make it available via a git url as well?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •