Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Phoronix Test Suite 3.4 on Windows 7

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Phoronix Test Suite 3.4 on Windows 7

    Greetings,
    I have downloaded the files for the Phoronix Test Sutie 3.4, installed the PHP 5.3.8 from PHP.net and the CPU-Z 1.59. I have changed the php.ini on the option "allow_url_include" to "On" and checked the options "file_uploads = On" and "allow_url_fopen = On".

    After that I used the command "phoronix-test-suite diagnostics", that displayed the terms and the configuration detected. Tehn I proceeded with the command "phoronix-test-suite make-download-cache".

    Then I decided to start to install the tests by using the command "phoronix-test-suite install pts/windows" which listed the tests to install: pts/crafty-1.2.0, pts/iozone-1.7.0, pts/lightsmark-1.2, pts/nexuiz-1.6.0, pts/openarena-1.4., pts/smokin-guns-1., pts/specviewperf10, pts/tremulous-1.1., pts/unigine-heaven, pts/unigine-sanctu, pts/unigine-tropic, pts/urbanterror-1., pts/vdrift-1.2.0, pts/warsow-1.3.1, pts/xonotic-1.1.0, pts/xplane9-1.3.0.

    The crafty test failed due to the URL being unavailable at the moment but I was able to install it once it was available once again. Iozone failed since the MD5 didn't match the MD5 of the configuration file but I was able to install by changing the MD5 in the downloads.xml for the iozone to match the one I manually downloaded using the URL it was trying and a free MD5 generator. Lightsmark, nexuiz, openarena, smoking-guns, tremulous, unigine, urbanterror, vdrift and xonotic seemed to install fine.

    Specviewer I had to download manually a few times since it was finishing before completion, warsow I was able to download the .exe from the official website but the zip as it is in the configuration file it failed for some access error even though I was saving it at the desktop/downloads folder as a administrator user and I decided to give up after trying all mirrors and the official website .zip failing on both Internet Explorer 8.0.x and Firefox 4.0.1.

    Xplane9 I had to check in the configuration file since it only tried to install from cache and since it wasn't I needed to manually download the file. After doing so, it seemed to install fine.

    When I say install fine, for most of the tests the message "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." showed up 3 times before completing but I tested some that didn't show up that message after installation and checked the installed-tests folder for anything else besides the configuration files of the test-profiles.

    When running the tests, crafty ended without any problems but the next ones failed with the message "The test did not produce a result.".

    I am running on a Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit, it got a properly indentified video card (Geforce 8400 GS), i5 with 4Gb of RAM.

    Below is the screenshot of the diagnostics command just now.



    Any advice on what I am missing to be able to run the tests properly is appreciated.

    Regards, Paul.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Just to complement the previous post, the tests pts/iozone, pts/lightsmark, pts/nexuiz, pts/smokin-guns, pts/tremulous, pts/unigine, pts/urbanterror, pts/vdrift and pts/xonotic failed. It was tested with the "All" option when prompted to select.

    pts/crafty, pts/pecviewperf10, pts/openarena and pts/xplane9 executed fine failing only to open directly the browser due to an error that might be a unquoted path with space on it but it was able to see since it gives the URL of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •