Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

Default Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

Phoronix: Qt 4.8 Draws In Platform Abstraction, New WebKit

Qt 4.8 was released today with several new features...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAyOTA

"there's 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release."

Open source at its best.

Back to square one?

RTFA:
    I want to underline that this is not the intended way of differentiating our offering. Going forward I hope that we can be more aligned. I would like to see most of the current delta integrated to Qt by the time of 4.8.1, if it is possible.
    (yeah a 10 character limit is very useful, I agree, it really increases the SNR ratio of my message, don't you agree?)

Quote Originally Posted by maleadt View Post
    RTFA:

(yeah a 10 character limit is very useful, I agree, it really increases the SNR ratio of my message, don't you agree?)
    I hate this rule too, it became the stupidest one after the editing rule was fixed.

"Digia, the firm handling the commercial version of this tool-kit, also announced the commercial version compared to the LGPL version of Qt 4.8; there's "108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release.""

i think they do it the other way around they put 108 bugs and feature cuts in the opensource source code to sell this digia QT Commercial shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    "there's 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release."

Open source at its best.
    Such crying won't help anyone. Maybe you expect they'll send you pizza, too? Switch to commercial version if you like. I'll rather wait for 4.8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by kraftman View Post
    Such crying won't help anyone. Maybe you expect they'll send you pizza, too? Switch to commercial version if you like. I'll rather wait for 4.8.1.
    I'd rather switch to GTK+, where theres no differentiation between different users. And I agree with Qaridarium that this may be very well part of their business strategy, to get more paying customers.

You people are such morons. Maybe writing it again helps:
    So now there is total of 108 improvements and bug fixes available in Qt Commercial 4.8.0 that are not part of the LGPL release. I want to underline that this is not the intended way of differentiating our offering. Going forward I hope that we can be more aligned. I would like to see most of the current delta integrated to Qt by the time of 4.8.1, if it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    I'd rather switch to GTK+, where theres no differentiation between different users. And I agree with Qaridarium that this may be very well part of their business strategy, to get more paying customers.
    Will you rewrite KDE in GTK+? I don't like I have to wait for Qt 4.8.1 to be on pair with commercial version, but I was surprised why someone blames entire Open Source, because of this.